Where To Buy Nice Glasses

Discussion in Food & Drink started by purplepen88 • Nov 10, 2015.

1. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I need to get a new set of glasses. I'm looking to get high ball glasses that are about 16oz. All of the glasses I received as a wedding gifts are now gone after 16 years of marriage. Either I've broken them or the dishwasher claimed a few. I'm looking for ones that are not too expensive and can be used with both family and friends and can withstand daily use. Any suggestions where to begin looking?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a World Market near you? They have a wide variety of glasses in all shapes, sizes, and colors and the prices are usually pretty fair. You can buy as many as you need or as few as you need since they are sold individually.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I saw a television commercial for zennioptical.com where frames start from 6.95! They have all sorts of services too. Just took a quick glance at their site and it's really cheap. They have bifocal reading glasses, photochromic tint and more. When you get your account you can put your recent picture to see how frames will look on you too. The site seems good and zennioptical.com is A+ BBB rating too.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The OP is talking about drinking glasses, not glasses for vision, lol.

I would check out TJ Maxx or their sister store Home Goods if there is one near you. They have a great selection of glass sets at really good prices. These are the glassware sets you would typically see at higher end department stores at a much higher price. I usually buy a couple of the same set, so I have some backup glasses in case any break. Their sets of glasses are usually under $10, some are under $5.

Another place to check out would be Big Lots, they too have really cheap glass sets for under $10. They're not quite as fancy looking in general, but they are sturdy.

Lastly, don't forget Dollar Tree. They have a big selection of glasses that you can purchase individually for only $1 each.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure where you are, but if you're in the US, I bet you'll be spoilt for choice! If you were in the UK, I'd strongly recommend TK Maxx, the answer to many of my needs LOL I mean, this could still work for you if you're in the US, because you have TJ Maxx, the US equivalent to TK Maxx.

I think DianeLane also recently posted a fantastic link on here about this place that sells a whole host of stuff such as cutlery, crockery, chinaware and glassware. Granted, it sells in bulk. But I did see a lot of fantastic offers on there, and the store's in the US. Sorry, but I can't remember the name.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Another vote for TK Maxx here, the glasses I havew seen on sale there recently came from a high-end department store. I'm guessing that they were from last year's range. However, they were 70% cheaper so you're getting the high end quality for a knockdown price.

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm in Canada so unfortunately we don't have TJ Maxx here. I am heading to Niagara Falls NY for a hockey tournament and will stop in to a TJ Maxx when I'm there. Right now I've been looking at Walmart and can find some decent glasses but I'm not 100% sold on the quality of the glasses nor the style. We have a Marshall's here as well as Home Sense, I have found some nice glasses there too but when I went back they were gone. I was also thinking of going to Sears.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh that's a shame, @purplepen88! TJ Maxx is usually the answer to many of my shopping requirements, because they have everything under one roof, and usually very high end stuff at a snip of the RRP! It's probably silly, but I always thought you guys in North America had exactly the same thing in Canada as in America. It's easy to forget that because you're two different countries, that's likely to be inaccurate. Well, I hope you find what you're looking for :)

9. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I think a good place to buy dishes is Homegoods. They have a lot of great brands at discounted prices. Depending on the store as well they also have a large selection of different styles and glass types to choose from. Other than that I think Costco has nice quality glasses at a low price, however their selection is limited.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, online is really the best place to get glasses at an affordable place. I think glasses.com is a good place as well. Armed with a prescription, you can check frames online. The only thing is you wouldn't be able to see how they looked on you, so that might be a problem. I think finding out their return policy in advance if you don't like the glasses would be something good to do.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They actually have nice glassware at Dollar Tree. I have some Libbey glassware that I bought for $1 at Dollar Tree. I have the cobalt blue wine glasses, martini glasses and champagne flutes. I've also seen highball glasses and juice glasses there. There's nothing wrong with Libbey glassware and you absolutely can't tell that it came from Dollar Tree.