Where To Get Free Cloud Storage?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Apr 24, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm looking into starting to store some of my files by uploading to a cloud storage, so I am looking to you guys to see if you have any suggestions on which one would be the best, and also if you have any tips? Is there any that offer the service for free that you would recommend?

2. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    If you have an Apple gadget then the Apple iCloud has 5 GB storage with your name on it. If you need more space though you'll be paying $20 annually for 10GB of storage. If you have other devices then Dropbox has free storage but only upto 2GB. If you have way more storage needs 100GB will cost $9.99 a month or you can refer people for extra space. Google drive is also one that I use on a regular basis. You get 5GB of free storage, it also syncs the data in all your devices and if you need additional space you only need to shell out $2.49 per month for 25GB. Good luck!

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I think the most famous cloud storage you could use is Dropbox. It's a really good and free service that can be upgraded to increase the space in your cloud. You can also invite friends so you can get more free space, which is always good.

I recommend you to try it out.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, dropbox is probably the most famous of all cloud storage services. I personally use it to save pictures and other files that are on my phone. It's free to use too. If you run out of free space, you could also try Box. It's very similar to dropbox.

5. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    If you use Ubuntu you could use Ubuntu One.

other Free ones that I have used are Justcloud, Mediafire, Microsoft's Skydrive, Google Drive.

6. chriswild1122

chriswild1122New Member

Threads:
    I really like Dropbox but if you're looking to use it to host a podcast or other large, regular uploads you may be barking up the wrong tree! Dropbox has certain limitations they don't really make clear when you sign up - a major one being if multiple people are downloading off of your account too quickly/in great numbers they might temporarily block your account. If you're hosting a podcast/relying on the uploaded files for a shared project this can be DEVASTATING! So be warned; look into all the fine print.

7. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I use Dropbox and it's good, but I recently found out that the Microsoft SkyDrive offers 7GB free vs. Dropbox's 2GB. I plan to use both!

8. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    Googles cloud storage is really cheap and you could almost say that it is free. So i would suggest that. My only concern at the moment with google as a whole is that lately i have been feeling like they have way too much access to our personal and private data and i really think they could be up to no good. So for me personally it would take quite a while for me to trust them with my files.

9. oracewx

oracewxNew Member

Threads:
    There are a few cloud storage that I used over the past years.

They are Dropbox, Box, iCloud and Mediafire.

I should also note that I got 50 GB of storage from Box because I own an Xperia device which at the time I register they had a deal to give me a total of 50GB of storage space.

10. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I use iCloud and Dropbox for personal stuff and my design portfolio that I share with friends. I usually use Google Drive for school work. I use my google account for almost everything and it is just convenient for me to load and edit spreadsheets on Google docs. The best thing is that it is free up to 15gb. For me, that's more than enough since I mostly have doc. files that are barely a megabyte each. I would suggest just using a variety of the free cloud storage available to you if you want more storage and not want to pay a cent.