Where would I buy a basement mop?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Daria • Dec 10, 2013.

1. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I love my new house, it comes with an unfinished basement that is dry, clean and spacious. The only thing is, I am not sure how to take care of the basement floor. I do not want to use my house mop on this. In fact, I am not sure what kind of mop to use on a basement floor, which is concrete. What kind of mop do I need to wash it with, and where would I find the mop I need?

2. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    When we moved into our house, I first scrubbed the basement floor with a long handled brush. I just used a soapy solution (not too soapy ). After that dried, I bought a heavy-duty rag mop from Lowe's, and periodically mopped it with that.

3. JoeyJ

JoeyJBanned

Threads:
    Pick up a janitorial mop bucket with ringer. (like they use at schools, businesses) Also pick up a nice heavy duty mop. You should be able to get these anywhere; Lowes, Menards, Home Depot, etc..
    shopping.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You can certainly mop concrete. Just get a separate mop to use on it, if you don't want to dirty up your main mop. You could also consider sealing your floor to make it less porous and easier to mop. They also make large rubber squeegees for cleaning concrete floors, but I've only seen them for sale on TV. The hardware stores may have them though.