Which Beverage Do You Prefer To Drink, Soda Or Juices?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sidney • Feb 25, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm just wondering what do you guys prefer to drink in general. As for me I prefer to drink juices more than cola because it's more healthy. I love juices of all flavors, orange, grapes, Apple, pomelo, pineapple, 4 seasons, etc. But ironically I buy more cola than juices because cola is more accessible. ;) How about you, which do you prefer and why? Do you also have any favorite juice flavor in particular?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to drink plain water. I drink it at room temperature. When I want something cold, iced tea is my beverage of choice.

I use to drink a lot of Coke, but I gave it up. I am so glad that I did. I have dropped weight since I've given it up.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So you don't like to drink cold water? Why? As for me, I do not like to drink anything that is not cold.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Like Parker I prefer water. Juices are loaded with sugar.. I would rather eat the whole fruit than drink juice. I drink warm water all day long. I do not buy juice or sodas at all.

5. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I try to drink various beverages. During the day I drink a lot of water, but at every meal try to alternate the consumption of carbonated beverages and juices. On special occasions I like to drink some alcohol. On the outs with my friends, I prefer a light beer or a cola. The natural juices are a good choice for hot days, although more costly than "commercial" juices. :p

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't drink soda or juices. You're just pouring a load of sugar and calories down your neck, it's not healthy and I would rather save my calories for eating. I used to drink orange fruit juice when I was a kid, I was never a soda drinker.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Calories are only bad when they're empty. If you're drinking natural fruit juices, you're getting plenty of vitamins along with the calories.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I drink mostly water. I like it cold or room temperature either one. Sometimes I'll add lemon to it if I get bored.

Outside of that, I'll have tea occasionally. Hot chocolate I see as a treat every now and then. If I'm going to have a soda while out, it's probably going to be Sprite although I'll sometimes have a Mountain Dew for the caffeine/sugar rush (I'm very sensitive to caffeine).

9. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I like soda from time to time when I want something carbonated, but between the two first choice will always be juice, even with meals. Of course, it's better to have water with meals, but sometimes juice or a smoothie can be substituted for a meal when you don't have a lot of time. Juice may have sugar, but it's natural sugar and we actually need glucose.

10. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Plain water is healthy and cheap. I would choose water rather than soda or juice.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When I'm actually thirsty, nothing will quench it for me better than just plain water. Unsweetened iced tea will work too. But sodas and juices generally make me even thirstier because they leave that syrupy feeling in my mouth along with an aftertaste. I don't really drink juices that often, but when I do it's usually orange juice for breakfast. The OJ just seems to cut through the richness of whatever I am eating at breakfast, coffee or milk doesn't quite cut it.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you, whenever I drink sweet beverages whenever I'm thirsty, I tend to get even more thirsty because of the sugar in those drinks. That's why when I'm thirsty I prefer to drink only water.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like coffee and iced tea. My blood type is coffee and it's the first thing I reach for in the morning.
    I drink water, iced tea or herbal tea when it's too hot for coffee. Sometimes I also have iced coffee.

14. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I mostly drink juice when eating, and water during the rest of the day. I occasionally drink soda too. Coke is sort of an addiction!

15. illusen

illusenNew Member

Threads:
    I'll have fresh apple/orange juice, berry juice or basically type of natural juice whenever I can. Sometimes I even have tea. Sadly there are times when none of those are available and I end up drinking Pepsi which is the only soda drink I am pretty much addicted to. None of the other sodas appeal to me, but I do get a craving for Pepsi from time to time. My guess is that the craving would go away if I stopped drinking it but seeing as I don't have a choice sometimes (I really don't like having water to go with my cigarette).

16. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    I prefer fruit juices. I have just never liked the sensation of the bubbles bursting on my tongue. Soda just never feels at all refreshing because of it. I do not drink fruit juice as much as I used to though: I thought it was good for me (counting as fruit and all that) but the sugar content is indeed very high. I was concerned both for my general and dental health since I was relying almost solely on fruit juice as a beverage. In addition, they are actually quite expensive. I realised that in a month I was spending a small fortune on them. I now drink various teas (no sugar of course) and tap water mostly. Occasionally I still have some fruit juice because I do like the flavour. My favourite flavours are berry juices and grape juice. I find orange juice rather too acidic.

17. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I keep it pretty simple with beverages and mostly stick to water. I have completely eliminated pop from my diet. Therefore, I always just go for water or herbal tea. Water is pretty much perfect as it is healthy and free. I like juice as well but I just prefer to eat the fresh fruit instead of drink the calories.

18. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am definitely a juice person.
    I am very glad that I cut soda out of my diet a long time ago and now I feel like I have a ton of energy and I just look more healthier overall. I love to drink juices that I freshly squeeze. I personally love orange juice with crushed grape.

19. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer cola more than anything I drink more cola than anything but if I have juice in the house I do drink it I like the v8 fruit juices the best

20. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    i prefer juice