Which Book Series Do You Read?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Flowerpower • Feb 22, 2015.

1. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I have several series that I like to follow, my favorite being Kinsey Milhone detective stories by Sue Grafton, I've also read some of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King and now I'm working my way through Lincoln Child books which are a crime/horror series.
    I've only read one Harry Potter book so far and am not into the vampire/werewolf stories that are so popular nowadays.
    Which ones do you prefer?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside from the Harry Potter series, I carefully follow the Vampire Chronicles. Anne Rice is after all one of my favorite authors, along with Haruki Murakami and John Green. Mystery, existential philosophy and adventure always await me whenever I read books from the Vampire Chronicles and other Anne Rice novels. My favorite in the series are Interview with the Vampire (the first installment), The Vampire Armand, The Body Thief, Blood and Gold and Merrick.

3. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I've pretty much be following Tamora Pierce's and Cinda Williams Chima's books for years now. Also, Rick Riordan's series also. I loved the Seven Realms series and I am so sad it's over now! Though, I though The Heir Trilogy was over, but apparently it got turned into a series. :D

4. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Well, there's your standard Lord of the Rings series and The Hobbit. I've even read the Silmarillion just because I was so into LotR at the time. I've read Three books from Stephen King's Dark Tower series, and I'm planning on finishing the whole thing before I move on to Game of Thrones. The only thing I need now is spare time.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    The only book series I have ever read, I mean entirely/completely read all of its books, is The Twilight Saga. o_O Yes, I know, what a pity it is. But hey, Twilight isn't that bad at all, or I'm just being in denial because I was totally addicted to it when I was a teenager, specifically when I was seventeen. But Twilight was actually the reason why I became obsessed with books (which I think is a good thing). Anyway, I am looking forward to reading Game of Thrones. I have watched all the four seasons of the show, but really curious about the book series. :)

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Having watched The Legend of The Seeker I though taking a look at the source material might be a good idea. I'm currently trying my best to keep reading the Stone of Tears, the second book in the Sword of Truth series. The first book wasn't all that bad but this one, well . . . I find it less than impressive.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never read any of the obvious choices, such as Lord of The Rings, or Twilight, or The Harry Potter series. Or, I will say that I have read the first two books in the Harry Potter book series, but I was bored out of my mind, and did not continue to read the rest.

The only book series that I really enjoyed was the Private series, which is about a bunch of private school girls. It was juicy, well written, and entertaining.

8. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I have lots of book series. It is one of my hobbies, collecting book series. I have Lord of the Rings trilogy. I also have Harry Potter novels. I have the entire book series of Eragon. Currently Im reading the Percy Jackson series and though late The Twilight series.

9. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Actually reading "The Maze Runner" series right now as it was one I always wanted to get around to and seeing the movie out made me get on it. It's pretty decent and a good twist on the post-apocalyptic world that's so incredibly popular these days.

Another series I'm enjoying reading is the "The Wheel of Time" by Robert Jordan. Just a great and intriguing story that's well spending time on reading.

10. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    I have read The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan, The Book of the Fallen Malazan by Steven Erikson, most of Brandon Sanderson books (Mist born series, Elantris Series, Storm Light Archive, Steel Heart) - some of them are not finished yet and he is a prolific writer. I read most of the above last year. Before that, I cannot count as I read at least one book per week minimum.

11. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I am actually going back through some of the series I read when I was a kid. GooseBumps and Hardy Boys are my particular favorites. A lot of times I will buy a Ebook on sale through my Kindle, (which usually happens to be the first book in the series) and will get hooked on a series that way. Smart business tactics.

12. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I have read the "The Wheel of Time" and its all parts.
    Who read its all books? eagleta! can you tell me little about Hardy Boys that Which type of its story is?

13. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I started reading the Harry Potter series but basically went off the idea. But these days I only read non-fiction books. Maybe it's time to diversify my reading habits.

14. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    Affiliate Marketing book is all I read at the moment...

15. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    LOOOOOOVE KINSEY!!! I had the book which was an anthology of three at a time. I found A-C at a thrift store and since I always wanted to read them I went ahead and got them. After loving it I went back and found D-F and ended up buying G-I at a bookstore. Sadly, waiting for a taxi after work, once it arrived I was in a rush and left it behind. :( Havent been able to replace it and I had just started I.

I've read LoTR, Divergent (can't wait for the movie this week!), I tried Grey but never got past the first few pages (it's not really my genre anyway), I found four of the Dark Tower books which I have there waiting as well as The Strain. Believe it or not, I havent read the Harry Potter books, I started reading Hunger Games but I saw the movie first so I didnt finish the books, and I want to get into MazeRunners.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no time to read nowadays, but I have downloaded the e-books of the Twilight series and The Hunger Games, so in the future I will be reading those e-books when I have free time.

17. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    Did you see Prince Lestat in the fall? I'm not sure when it came out but I was so excited when I saw it. I loved it, of course. I love Lestat. :)

I just devoured the whole first 13 books of the Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn and I'm waiting for the next/last book in August. I used to follow Kim Harrison's The Hollows series very closely and the Dresden Files. I'm still watching Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires, Anne Bishop's The Others, and Patricia Briggs.

18. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    Currently, I only read non-series novels. This isn't by choice, but I've found that out just by seeing the question! I guess I could get into a series, but I often don't want to commit to one.

In the past, I really loved the Fire Within series by Chris D' Lacey, but that's about it.

19. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm about to start Black Company and Garrett P.I. series by Glenn Cook. Both looks awesome, can't wait til I start. :)