Which Calendar Application Do You Use?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by xpictoc • Jul 5, 2015.

1. xpictoc

xpictocNew Member

Threads:
    Personally, I love Business Calendar - I recently bought the Pro version. It allows you to synchronize your calendar with your google account (the stock app does this as well but still), which means you have one centralized calendar for all your needs, regardless of how you are accessing it (desktop, phone app). I also love the interface and ease of use, I can set up a repeated reminder in a few seconds with no problem whatsoever.

In this thread, I want to hear about your preferred calendar apps!

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Google Calendar's stock version is probably the best option in my opinion, at least if you want a calendar app accessible everywhere and without tons of bells or whistles. I've heard good things about Business Calendar, too, though, especially its paid version, so I'm glad you've seen positive results with that. There are tons of great options out there, so it's hard to declare one better than all the others. It's going to depend on a user's needs, and I'm sure we'll see tons of recommendations here.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At previous jobs, I almost always used Outlook calendars, because I was keeping track of extensive appointments, information, and events, as well as syncing my calendar with the calendars of others. I no longer use Outlook and mainly use the calendar on my Apple device now. It's always there, and is very easy and convenient to use.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The calendar that I have always used has been the one on my smartphone. I don't actually think that it is an application that is installed on my smartphone though. I think that it is just one of the base features of the phone. I wouldn't be without my calendar. It really is a feature that I tend to rely upon. I can't see myself changing the calendar application that I use any time soon either.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm looking for one for my tablet that works like the standard Apple calendar works. The one on the tablet is fine for a calendar, but it doesn't show the month at a glance, so I can get an overview, with dots or some other way of signifying that there was one or more appointments on certain days, so I can determine when payments will be coming in.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm just using the default iphone calendar, i know, kind of boring but it does the job and I'm really ok with it. I guess if you're a busy person, you might need something more advanced with lots of little helpful features, but I'm still student and i don't really have much in my calendar but my class schedules and group study sessions.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will usually just use my Outlook calendar from work. I have all meetings, presentations and tasks there, but I also have personal stuff like doctors' appointments, and I'll just put them like Private Appointment so nobody else can see it but me.
    As I do have access to my work email on my phone as well through an app called Good, it synchronizes everything there and I also receive appointment notices from my phone. It's simple and convenient.

8. DanaScullys

DanaScullysNew Member

Threads:
    I use Google Calendar to schedule basically everything, alongside a physical planner. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing of the Google products, but it gets the job done-- and it's free! I tend to fill in class schedules, birthdays, dinners, etc on the browser version and set one or two reminders for each that come up on my phone. I have terrible anxiety and don't ever really forget social events, so it's probably overkill, but it lends me some peace of mind. :)

9. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    The one that came on my phone. LOL. I couldn't name it to save my life. I did try a couple of other free organizer type ones but I didn't like them. I guess I just like to write stuff down. I opted for a printed calendar organizer where I can plan and make notes to my hearts content.

10. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I use Google Calendar as well, it is very well integrated with Android (as expected, right?) and as I use GMail as my main mail provider I get notifications while using it on my laptop, which is pretty cool.