Which Channels Would You Subscribe To?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Jul 3, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've recently been thinking of just getting customized channels for my cable instead of getting the package because there are a lot of channels I am not using and there are also a lot more on the list that I think I'd prefer more. That said, I'm looking to you guys for suggestions on which channels are your favorites so I'd know which ones to get. I'm mostly looking for any cable channel from either U.S., U.K., Canada, or Australia that you guys think deserves mention. Personally, I'm looking to get the common ones like HBO and Discovery but also a few of the more obscure ones like TBS because I love watching Conan. Any other cable or network channels you guys would recommend that I look into?

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    My husband and I have this discussion all the time! If we could just pick and choose the channels we wanted and save money, that would be amazing. Unfortunately, our cable provider does not provide this option. We've toyed with the idea of just dropping the cable all together and sticking with Netflix, Hulu, and maybe Amazon Prime. I think I would miss my cooking shows if I did that though and I would prefer not to. Rest assured, I *could* live without all of it though!

All that being said, my favorite channels are The Food Network, ABC Family, Lifetime, Disney, CMT, USA, and TBS. We also watch a lot of shows on ABC and CBS but those are basic cable channels. The idea of premium channels like HBO or Showtime has never appealed to me but I know some people that love them. I hope one day that our cable provider does offer a customized package because it really would be amazing. I feel like our cable subscription goes to waste sometimes.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Thanks! I like ABC Family and TBS as well but I've never heard of CMT so I'll definitely be checking that out. Our package is only semi-customizable but it is very helpful, so hopefully your cable company allows it someday.

Anyway, I'm still looking for some suggestions especially on non-US channels because I don't know much about those.