Which Clothing Items Are The Most Difficult To Buy For You?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DrRipley • Oct 23, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I often feel jealous of people who are of the right size for all clothes, as if their features were similar to the standard in which designers and manufacturers make and sell their items. I am pretty much regular when it comes to shirts, but I have a hard time buying jeans and shoes. For jeans, it's either my waist to leg ratio isn't standard, and I often have to get them fixed somewhere, and even that could be kind of a gamble each time. As for shoes, my feet are pretty wide, and they just don't sell shoes that increase in width, so I usually have to get sneakers that are a size or half a size larger.

Do any of you guys have any particular item of clothing that gives you trouble each time?

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never used to have a problem buying clothes when I was in my teens, anything I tried on would usually fit. Nowadays I have problems with fit because I have built my body in the gym. I have a problem with sleeve length, I hate sleeves that are too long and usually the sleeves are too long by an inch or two.

3. coco85

coco85New Member

Threads:
    I'm a little skinny so sometimes getting clothes to fit perfectly doesn't really happen. I manage getting dresses and skirts just the way I want them to be but when it comes to buying denims, I usually have to get the length shortened or the waist tightened.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have wide feet and I have to buy a large size. I have been doing it for years so I have gotten used to it.

I'm large on the top. Most button up blouses are not made for my chest size. It's very difficult to find a button up with the buttons in the right place. It's annoying because my bra is exposed.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely jeans! I have no pleasure whatsoever to buy jeans... first of all, it's a pain to try them on. Second, it's so hard to find a pair that fits me great! Even when I think I found the perfect pair, once I start wearing them I realize they didn't fit quite as well as I thought. I have been looking for nice black jeans for around 4 months and still didn't find great ones!

6. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely have items I hate shopping for because it always means sighs, fatigue, sore legs, headaches, and cursing. Those items are jeans, swimwear, and shoes.

I have a big butt and hips, but a small waist. So most jeans look awful on me. The waists usually give me a big hole in the back. In the old days, I'd just tighten the waist with a belt. But now that fashion has changed to low-rider jeans and short, but tight tops, I can't go that route and look good. So, now I have to spend extra time looking for the right fit. Such a hassle.

Swimwear... such a depressing endeavor since I'm rarely happy with the look I get in a swimsuit, no matter my size or age.

And shoes... I'm a girl and wear a size 10 / 10.5. Need I say more???

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I think it would be jeans. I'm very picky with the fit especially if they are to be skinny jeans. I also consider a good design.

8. minda

mindaNew Member

Threads:
    I always find difficulty picking out pants. More often than not, they are always too long. When I find a pair that would fit my waist and hips, chances are it is too long because I have short legs. This has been my problem since way back. I wish things were different though.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have the same problem with jeans. Jeans never fit me right and I hate getting them tailored, so I wear a lot of heels to even things out lol.

10. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any problems buying any clothes. My size and all is pretty normal for my age, so I have no problems finding my size in anything. I guess I am kind of thankful for that in a way. Although if my fee keep growing eventually I may need to start searching harder and harder for shoe sizes.

11. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have a very hard time finding jeans and button-down tops. I do not like the jeans with the stretchy stuff in it. It is so uncomfortable, and the jeans never fit right. Plus, I need to find tall or long cuts. I am long legged and tall. I don't want high water pants. Also, I am bigger chested. I can never find a cute blouse that fits me up top without the rest of me swimming in the shirt.

12. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    I'm a short girl. I can never find pants that fit correctly both lengthwise and in the waist. I hate having to find somebody to hem my pants, so sometimes I have shopped from the kid's section (it also saves some money). Dresses also never fit right in length, they're always so long. It they are perfect in length, then there is something wrong in the chest area or it is too loose, or too tight.

13. hbmm

hbmmMember

Threads:
    I always seem to buy jeans which are up past my ankles. I have abnormally long legs and a short torso, people have said i look like a flamingo haha

14. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Shoes for me. I'm not too picky about most of my other clothing, but I'll go to 3 or 4 shoe stores to find what I want. I play basketball as well, so it's important for me to find a good pair that I'm comfortable working out in as well as shoes I wear everyday.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I just noticed that I have a hard time buying shoes, because it's not guaranteed that every brand's biggest size will fit my feet, and my feet ain't even that big, I range from size 8 to 11, depending on the brand.

16. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    It's shoes for me. I am very particular about shoes and I don't buy any unless they fit perfectly.

17. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    For me, I have a hard time shopping for jeans. I am kind of tall. 5'7 to be exact. Sometimes the jeans are too short for me.

18. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    Shirts are always different with different brands. I hate having to try them on before I buy and that's one of the reason's it's hard to decide to buy a shirt online for me. If I know the brand then it's easy to get the right size for me since I would have an item already. They usually stick to their sizes unless it's specified. Shoe's are the easiest for me though. =)

19. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I think my biggest problem is buying t shirt I don't exactly have the flattest stomach I have a little stomach I mean i'm not over weight or anything but it still makes it hard to find shirts.

20. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I have a problem with the sleeves' length too. It seems that I have unusually long arms ;) Almost every shirt I try has too short sleeves.