Which Color Watches Do You Own?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by TheViper • Dec 9, 2014.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    Recently, I've been interested in getting away from the traditional medal type watches. A few weeks back I went and bought a white watch. I simply can't get over how cool it looks with most of my outfits.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Nice :) I only have one watch right now, a pretty classic looking silver one, but I wouldn't mind having a black one as well. I think both look pretty nice and accent a variety of outfits in an appealing way.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last time I wore a watch was last 2002. After the battery died, I stopped wearing it since I already have a cellphone that can also serve as a watch. When I had a plastic watch, I had a black one and the multi-colored one, both from Swatch.

4. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    I own two Seiko5 faces, one black faced with a gunmetal linked band and the other is cream faced with a dark brown leather band. Both are mechanical watches which mean that they must be worn basically daily, otherwise they'll lose power. It's a little bit annoying, but otherwise a fabulous product. Highly recommended as a starter watch as they're rather cheap but still look reasonably stylish.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just own a silver one but I've always wanted a white watch as well. The only problem is that most the designs I like are too expensive and I wouldn't wear it nearly enough if I bought one so it wouldn't be very worth it. I'd much rather spend my money somewhere else for now but if I have a good amount of extra money in the future I'd definitely go for one.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely feel you. I used to wear the standard silver and gold watches. When my aunt bought me a Swiss bracelet watch with blue flowers imprints, my fascination for quirky watches grew. I received a green-strapped watch one time and wore it almost everyday until the strap snapped. I bought a cheap aqua blue watch which glowed in the dark some time later. I wore it but a year ago it ran out of battery. I'm thinking of buying a LED watch with a red strap.

7. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I currently own a gold Seiko watch and a gold and silver one as well. I really love them but I tend to wear them more during the colder months (I have a lot or chains as well and I don't want to overcompensate) but I pull one out for a party every now and then. A good watch (like most accessories) can make or break an outfit so make sure you are getting one that looks great with most of your clothes; one that you don't really have to second guess wearing or not.

8. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    You would probably love some of those new digital watches that can hook up to your phone. Not only can they tell time, but also display text messages, weather and other cool widgets from your phone. The nicer ones even have the ability to do voice and video calling from your watch; as if pulling your phone from your pocket or purse is that difficult!

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have 3 watches and all of them are color black. I prefer the color black because it's more general. It's easier to be used with almost all the clothes. Whatever clothes that you are wearing, you could wear it, without harming your style. They have a generic look. I also think that they are better than the white ones, because they obviously look that they've worn out once that they were.

10. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    Do you wear black-faced watches, or black bands? Or both?

I've found that black face on black band tends to look a little "heavy" and draw too much attention to your wrist due to the contrast, but then doesn't really offer much to look at since it's so dark. Black leather bands can look great though depending on how you execute the rest of your outfit though, something relatively light for your shirt would really let a nice black watch be your showpiece without trying too hard.

11. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    If I have to wear a watch I prefer something small and silver-- nothing gaudy. I am actually not a huge fan of watches and prefer not to wear them.

12. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be the same way until I started working in a more business formal environment. Pulling out your cellphone to check the time becomes a little awkward so wearing a watch becomes more of a functional thing. Then, because you're dressed fairly nicely you end up needing to get a watch that looks like it suits your outfit. From there, you start accessorizing and it gets out of control haha.

13. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I only own a single watch, and that is a leather Fossil watch. It has worked well for me for the past five years, aside from a single battery change. Personally I still prefer leather watches since it allows your skin to "breathe", as compared to metal or plastic straps.

14. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    Metal strapped watches can definitely get a little gross if you sweat or if it's particularly humid out. Leather ones have a different problem though, where it'll soak up some of the sweat eventually causing discolouration and fading. If the leather hasn't been treated well, it even has the potential of eventually falling apart as it becomes compromised by the oil/salt from your skin.