Which current drama or comedy show on television you find overrated?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by May102014 • Jul 25, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I don't watch much television but I have seen a few shows where I don't understand the mass appeal to them. True Blood, Mad Men, and The Big Bang Theory are not particularly interesting shows in my opinion. Perhaps I am not allowing enough time for them to grow on me. I absolutely love True Detective, Homeland, Shameless, Scandal, and The Good Wife. Other than these shows, I pretty much tune out altogether. Are there any primetime television shows you find overrated?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with the Big Bang Theory. Comedy is the kind of TV show I will watch but it just doesn't seem very funny. I'm not sure why it has lasted this long. I honestly can't think of any others unless I thought about it in depth but I know it is not alone because TV to me is not what it used to be.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have much in my overrated list because I tend not to even care enough to check out the shows that I know I probably won't like, but I'd agree that Big Bang theory is a little bit overrated. I do like it to some degree and I can see why it's catchy enough to be as we'll known as it is now, but at the same time, I think it gets most of its praise from its geeky theme rather than its actual substance.

4. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you all. I find Big Bang Theory overrated too. I watched a little bit of the show, but I couldn't get into the show. I don't know why people make such a big deal about the show as if it's the best show on the air. I guess I need to give it a chance, but from what I saw of the show, I doubt I will.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree, I find the Big Bang Theory to be a waste of my time. I have tried looking at it several times and do not see the humor or the appeal to the show. Most shows of that nature do not appeal to me but I can watch them, but not The Big Bang Theory.