Which do you prefer: Inkjet or Laser Printer?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Athenagdlyt • Jun 1, 2014.

1. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    For your home office needs, which do you prefer using, a laser printer or an inkjet printer? I have been using laser printers for more than four years now and I find it economical to use toner refilling services instead of buying a fresh new cartridge every time the toner runs out. However I am limited to black and grey-scale printing. When the need arises for colored printing, I just go to a local printing shop nearby.

With the advancement of ink technology, I wonder if buying an inkjet with continuous ink system is now more economical. Has anyone tried shifting from laser printer to inkjet use? Which one is more economical in the long run?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I much prefer laser printers. They are much more economical in the long run. A laser toner will last me about 6 months. Inkjet printers are initially cheap because the manufacturers make money on the inkjet toners. If I need something printed in color, I will just take it to a print or copy shop.

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    Laser printers are overall easier to maintain and they print much faster than inkjet printers. It is very useful when you are printing something in a hurry.

I also notice that most laser printers last for a really long time. The current one I use had been with me for more than 7 years already and I never had to bring it in for repairs or anything like that. I bought it at a high price but I think with its lifespan, it's all worth it.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I print colored images most of the time, so I don't think that I will greatly benefit from having a laser printer, so I use an inkjet printer. It doesn't only print in black and white like any budget laser printer, but also in colored. Besides, I rarely need black and white. I only use them for reports, which I rarely do. I make most of my printer printing colored images of fun stuff to share to people, to have them look at and to have them share as well. I also print a lot of personal cards to send my greetings on almost every occasion. Printing them in black and white I think will just only make my greeting melancholic, cold and lifeless. I don't want to look mourning in my greeting. I want to evoke good and bright mood, which I believe I can only make through colors employment.