Which Game Reminds You The Most of Your Childhood?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by kingusama92 • May 30, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Those that play video games always have one that reminds them the most of their childhood.

For myself, the game would be Pokemon on the game boy. I used to play it a lot and would almost never put it down. I have some very fond memories of that game and will never forget them.

2. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I am probably dating myself but would be Astroids on the Atari system.

3. TylerC94

TylerC94New Member

Threads:
    Super Mario Bros 1 and 3 :D

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Sonic the Hengehog 2 for the Sega Genesis. Ah, for the days when I sat at home climbing through levels and inwardly cursing the fact there was no save button or the fact at least one developer on the game hated small children. I loved that game - so much so I got it on my phone!

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I think for me they are a few but it would have to be Super Mario if I had to choose one. I just could not put that game down. It became a problem, for real. It took me a long time to get bored of that one. The other one I loved playing was Mortal Kombat4.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Prince of Persia! I used to play that in my first Windows 95 computer I think. Good times.

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Ms. Pac Man. Of course, I started out on Pac Man, but Ms. Pac Man is what really shot video games into the mainstream culture and much like childhood, you had to learn how to manage one board, before you could move onto the next one. Occasionally, your efforts were rewarded by a nice piece of fruit, but you also learned that if you only chase the prize without any regard to the dangers that abound or a plan to get it, you'll lose.

8. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    The Mario Brothers! That is the game that is my favorite when I was in grade school. Me and my brother loved that game so much that we earn from our allowances just to get that family computer game console.

9. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    Definitely it is Super Mario. I remember trying to hit each brick to get the hidden bonus and coins. Getting the mushroom which increases your size and 1Up was the best feeling. I seriosly miss those days. Nowdays, I play LBP which is not exactly the same but similar to the Mario :)

10. Wheely

WheelyNew Member

Threads:
    SuperMario for the N64

11. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    SuperMario was a game I loved playing growing up. I also loved Pac Man.

12. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    LOL, me too! I am so glad I am not the only one that remembers the Atari system. The games sure have come a long way since those days!

13. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    You want to reminisce on childhood? You guys still remember that pinball game that used to come with all Windows? That. That, and even solitaire.

14. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    When I was a child, it was board games that were available. I was pretty hot on ludo and snakes and ladders, I can tell you. When my own children were small, they used to like Pacman, and I got roped into it as well. My eldest grandson was into Lemmings on Playstation, and again, I got pulled into it. These days, I just play Mahjongg when I need to relax. I find I waste too much time on games otherwise.

15. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Tamagochi and Pacman! Those are the two games that I was hooked on playing during my childhood years. Good times! Now there's Xbox and all these crazy toys!

16. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Anybody else remember the Oregon Trail game? We used to play that on the school's computers in elementary school.

17. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    WWE Smackdown, NBA Live and MLB (something) from 1996. Those were the games I played most often and remind me a lot of back in the day, especially in the summer. I'd forget about school, play these games in the morning/afternoon and then play tennis outdoors with my friends. Ah, the life of a kid. Why must we grow up?

18. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I think I would have to say shooting pool at the pool hall. I loved hitting those balls and putting them in the pocket and calling out the pocket where the 8 ball would go and it went there every time. I wish I had never stop playing because I was good at what I did. I was into raising my son and married, I just let it go and here I am today without a pool table.

19. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    The worse part is that the kids refused to not come down with the cholera. I know I've been running them like slaves and being really cheap inspite of the toll I knew it might take, but is it too much to ask they stay relatively healthy?

20. Imoverthere

ImoverthereMember

Threads:
    For me, probably it would be one of my SNES games! Donkey Kong Country or Bubble Bobble would have to be it, mostly because of the music that plays reaches deep into my nostalgic senses and makes me think of when I was a little kid in my old home, some really fond memories back then.