Which Game Would You Reboot?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Nov 3, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd pick Kagero from the PS1 and PS2 library. I'm still confused as to why they never made more of these, when it's obviously one of the more unique ones and could really benefit with upgraded capabilities. Any games that the industry has forgotten about but you would like to see brought back?

[video=youtube;FOW2VSdynmI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOW2VSdynmI[/video]

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A lot of the old fighting games; Capcom vs SNK, Rival Schools, Darkstalkers.. Other than that, AD&D based isometric RPGs. Baldur's Gate 3, please :<

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oooh, yeah, Kagero was such a nice game to play. I enjoyed setting up traps for opponents and watching them fall into them. Aside from Kagero, I would also like to see a reboot of Final Fantasy 8 and 9. They were my favorite back then and I would love to see what they would look like with the current generation graphics. I would also love to see a reboot of Xenogears, my favorite RPG of all time.

4. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely Shenmue from the Dreamcast days. It was truly a revolutionary game. It was one of the first, if not THE first open world sandbox type of game. It was very well received and the graphics were gorgeous. Unfortunately it was on a console which was doomed from the start. The game itself was magnificent.

Theres a cult following and there have been rumours of a shenmue 3 for the longest time.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The old Electronic Arts Games like Road Rash were some of the best in the racing genre ever. I've played many bike racing games and though Road Rash is a very old game, it still kicks ass. I'm sure if they were to reboot it [add more characters, work on those graphics and music, create more levels of play, etc] it would definitely outsell crappy games like MotoGP.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Kagero is super cool, I really don't know why it didn't get as popular as other games. Anyway, just to be clear, I was referring to title reboots and not just HD remakes, much like what DmC was for the Devil May Cry series, so technically FF already has one (current version). :D I love FF8 too by the way, I'm playing through it again right now, and yeah I agree they really should make an HD remake of it like they're doing for FF10.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd like to revive the old arcade games that I used to play, like X-Men Vs. Street Fighter and X-Men Children Of The Atom. I never saw those games available for the consoles.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    You're right, it would be very cool to have remakes of those right now. I think they were released for the older consoles though, PS1 and Sega Saturn, if I'm not mistaken. Still, if they made a reboot of it, I would buy it so fast.

9. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't play Shenmue back in the day, but could we consider the Yakuza series it's spiritual successor?
    Or was Shenmue much more story-driven and not enough free-roaming? (although that might be due to technical limitations of the time)

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of Rival Schools as well, and looks like there is good news for us!

It's not confirmed, but at least it's been brought up and there's acknowledgement of the interest in it. I'm hoping it takes off!

11. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Contra!! Are they still putting out new Cotra games? I definitely need more of Mad Dog and Scorpion going into alien territory all alone with no back up.

12. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    The original Lufia: The Fortress of Doom needs a major next gen console release with everything redone. I played the DS release of Curse of the Sinistrals.. which is a remake of the prequel and I feel like they butchered the story and gameplay.

Barring that, the storyline from one of the first Final Fantasy games placed onto an original Final Fantasy Tactics gameplay style would be nice. I refer to the console FF Tactics and not the Tactics Advance versions. Let's move away from the little kids scenarios and give me a character that is at least old enough to recognize sex appeal.

13. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    As my username implies, I would absolutely love if they rebooted Starfox. That game was a classic on the Nintendo and was the first shooter that I really enjoyed playing. I could definitely see it being a hit on the new Nintendo!

14. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I would reboot The Sims. I don't like where it has been going and think it could be a lot better. Building games like Roller Coaster Tycoon or some old RTS games I wish would get reboots.