Which is the most useful piece of exercise equipment you have?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by maddie • Nov 7, 2012.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few exercise equipment at home but I value my elliptical machine more than the others. This one really helps me sweat it off... I realize how much it has helped me since I am off it due some knee injury I have gained some weight during this time. I really understand its value now that I am off it..

2. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I have collected too many fitness gadgets over the years. Some are good and some, not so good. One of the best purchases I recently made is for a mini trampoline. It's great for several reasons. It strengthens the lymphatic system, it gets the heart rate going pretty quickly, and it's easy on the joints. It's also great for interval training, which I am really into for fast fat burning and overall general health. I'm sure there are other favorites and I hope others will share.

3. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I have no room for any exercise equipment. I've found I like using a resistance band the best. It takes up no storage room, and the DVD that came with it has 3 workouts each only lasting 20 minutes. I like the results I'm getting from it.

4. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    The elliptical really works your body. I don't use it a lot, but when I need a little pick-me-up, I can count on the elliptical to get the job done. I need to use it a lot more so that I can build my stamina, but I am afraid of using it too much for fear of losing weight. I'm very slim, but I know that I still need a cardio, but I prefer toning and muscle building exercises. I may need to invest in the resistance band mentioned by jleadbet.

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I'd love to have one of those resistance bands. I have been meaning to get one for a long time. Since I am unable to use my elliptical for moment I think this will be a good way to keep me in some shape.
    Thanks for the reminder.

6. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    My DVD player, free weights and a yoga mat. Since I live in a condo unit I just don't have the space for an elliptical machine or a treadmill. I have DVDs for my cardio exercises as well as Pilates for flexibility and toning. Since my flabby arms have always been an issue I use free weights to tone them into submission. Overall my routine works for me whenever I'm too busy to go to the gym.

7. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I am not into yoga, but I do think minimal is best. I may have to sell off a few of the stuff I have to make space in our home. What do you do for your flabby arms? Would you mind sharing some information? Thanks.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I think all of them are useful in different ways, from the exercise DVD "Hip Hop Abs" to the machine called "Ab King Pro". But I think the one equipment that I used the most was this handy tummy trimmer called "Figure Twister".

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I love my skipping rope - jump rope, for the benefit of American members. It takes up no storage space, and it's cheap, light and portable. Best of all, it works. It's one of the best things you can use for intensive cardio exercise. If I have a few spare minutes any time of the day, I'll skip for a while. I love it!

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    My elliptical was the best thing I bought. It is so easy on the knees. I had a treadmill, but thought it was a waste of money when I can walk or run outside for free. I hate running indoors. I feel like a hamster on a wheel, but anyway, I love my elliptical.

11. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Steph84, You sound like me..lol I think the same way too about treadmills.. hamster is right. However, for those who cannot go outdoors or have no safe place to walk or jog this might be the best.
    @ sandra Piddock I love the jump rope too.. but I have developed some problems in my knees and can't do this anymore at least until the doctor clears me.

12. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is a punch bag. Simple but extremely effective, as long as you put the work in of course. I also love my multi gym because it has everything I need to get a thorough workout.

13. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    I think the most useful piece of exercise equipment I have is my resistance band. I can bring it everywhere I go and get an great workout in. The only workout I do is walk and use the resistance band. I had it for about two years now.

14. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Free weights for me. Specifically I think a couple of pairs of dumbbells, which i use more than the barbell, would be the most valuable or useful. And a weight bench. The bench and the weights don't represent a lot of money invested but a pretty good variety of exercises.
    Of course weights might not be your thing. I prefer them to running. Add some stretches and crunches. That's a session for me.
    Ryder13

15. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    Powertec_WB-PR10_logo.

Picked this up for only 400 dollars with the bench and a preacher curl attachment, great deal! This thing will outlast a house fire and is a small investment for a lifetime of weight lifting.

16. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have any high end exercise equipment at home. I really wish I had a treadmill, but we have absolutely no room for it. I would say the most useful piece of exercise equipment I own are my weights. They are only 3 pounds but when I incorporate them with my workout they are absolutely amazing! I use Jillian's 30 Day shred workout and I feel great afterwards. I would definitely recommend this workout with the weights to anyone who is looking for a fun workout.

17. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    My most useful pieces of exercise equipment are my yoga mat and my sneakers. I have no issues with walking a mile or so to the yoga studio for my lessons (unless it's cold, of course). I don't need any workout at all after that.

18. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Wow. That is a serious piece of equipment for home. I have to say I like it, and I am sure it is worth the $400. Like I said, looks pretty serious. But I know I don't have the space for it. I am currently thinking about a better workout/weight bench. I expect it would be in the $100 ballpark. Anyway, yeah I believe that hunk of iron won't be worn out too fast.
    Ryder13

19. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I would also have to go with free weights. This is because they can be used as a replacement for a multitude of other exercises that require other equipment. In addition, they take up almost no space. My only gripe is that a collection can get big as you start using heavier weights, but this is remedied by getting one of those quick-swap weights where you can easily change it to a different weight.

20. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say my free weights, because they allow me to workout at home. But we also have a treadmill which is also extremely helpful. But truthfully it is possible to get an incredible workout just using your own body weight.