Which Is Your Home Improvement Store?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Zyni • Mar 29, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you have a favorite home improvement store, like Home Depot or Lowe's? I like both, but there are also some smaller names that have good deals as well. We have both Home Depot and Lowe's next to each other in the city nearest me, so we usually check out both to see who has the best deals on whatever we are shopping for. I also just like to go in and look. I could spend all day in a home improvement store, looking at their offerings and getting inspiration. Do you tend to go to one over the other, or do you scout the best deals online then head to the store?

2. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    I really prefer Lowe's. I like the selection of merchandise and the overall casual feel of the store. Also I kind of boycott Home Depot because of their need to push the homosexual agenda. I prefer stores that just stick to selling merchandise, not ideologies.

3. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Lowes, but Home Depot is a lot closer for me. Even so, since I usually check out things online first I sometimes go on to Lowes. A lot of times, too, I can find what I'm looking for at Ace Hardware instead. Which is good, because if I can I'd prefer not to go into either Lowes or Home Depot.
    I guess I'm not crazy about home improvement stores as a rule.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Over here, I don't see any other home improvement store other than Ace Hardware, so I'm pretty much stuck buying home improvement items there. I haven't been to Home Depot but I know there are some branches here. I assume all of the prices of both stores are pretty much the same anyway.

5. Brenda Barnousky

Threads:
    They do tend to run at similar prices and sometimes it's cheaper to just go to Walmart. But sometimes Lowe's has some really good sales.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you for bringing it to my attention that Home Depot is gay friendly.
    I looked them up and saw that they support diversity, gay and lesbian rights and are involved with the Human Rights Campaign.
    I was a Home Depot customer already, but now I respect them even more and will go out of my way to buy all my home improvement items from them ,even though Walmart is closer. Thanks for pointing out that Home Depot is a forward thinking ,open minded company and not a bunch of macho rednecks.
    I don't know what you mean by "homosexual agenda". Being gay is not a conspiracy. My daughter was born bisexual and Home Depot didn't cause it.

7. Brenda Barnousky

Threads:
    You're more than welcome. You certainly have a right to shop wherever you please. No I was not implying that Home Depot caused yours or anyone else's daughter to be bi-sexual (believe it or not, this is news to me, considering I don't even know your daughter). My belief is that corporate America should do what it does best:manufacture and sell stuff to consumers. I don't care what political party you support, if you make good products. If you insist on making it known to all and sundry, without being asked, you are pushing an agenda.
    Sincerely, Macho Redneck :p

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Home Depot is closer but I prefer Lowe's. There are lots of things to look at when you are in the home improvement stores, I usually start in the garden section if I need to get new tools for my garden and plants for the house and garden.

9. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    Prefer Lowe's. Their garden section is much better. I also like the layout of the store. My husband tends to go there as well. Also the cashiers are always friendly and helpful.

10. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to go to Home Depot much more than Lowe's since it is just right down the street from me. I like both stores, but to me Lowe's has a better garden center with different types of flowers when spring comes around, so I visit it too.

11. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    There's a small store here in our place called "Papemelroti" and I absolutely love shopping there for accessories and decorations for our home. They offer handcrafted/vintage products from wood to metal to cloth. I love the variety of designs they always feature: minimal, classy, and super cute. The shop is kind of a haven for me. :)