Which Microsoft OS Is Your Favorite One And Why?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by sidney • Dec 13, 2013.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So far I have used Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. I have never had any problems with XP, it's so hassle-free to use. With Vista, I actually had to turn off the automatic updates feature because it downloaded screwed up updates, like it changed the theme and layout of my pc to that ancient Windows '98 look, and I can't change it anymore. So I un-installed that particular update, and after doing that, my original theme and layout returned. So I have stopped updating it after that incident. Now I use Windows 7, and I don't like that they have removed the "move" option and now, if we want to move files, we have to drag that file to our desired location. And in my case, it just copies the file, and the original copy remains in the same location. I don't like that they have removed the "move" option. So how about you? Which is your favorite or preferred Microsoft OS and why?

#1Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Windows XP service pack 2. The user interface [maybe because I'm used to it] is a lot more friendly. I'd previously used Windows 98 [which sucked] so XP was much better when I switched over. I've heard complaints so it will take some time before I move over [but only when new software no longer works on XP].

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah so you're still using Windows XP? Good choice, I also used XP Service Pack 2 before. I had no issues with it at all. People always think that the latest upgrades are always better, but we know that not all the time it is. Now I'm hearing a lot of complaints about Windows 8 regarding how it's only suitable for tablet users.

4. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Windows Xp was the best, Windows 7 isn't too bad Windows 8 is TERRIBLE.

5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I'm using Windows since version 3, but very briefly because as soon as my parents gave me my first PC in the early 1990s, my father brought a copy of Windows 3.1 from his office to upgrade my operating system for the first time.

I have tried Windows 95, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista since, finding in Windows 98SE my very favorite operating system and, as a second option, Windows XP.

I tried Windows 7 briefly, but over a friend's of mine computer. However my laptop fell off the desktop and broke so that I had to buy a new laptop that came with Windows 8 pre-installed.

I like this new operating system so far, to the extent that having promising to downgrade to XP the day I would get a Windows 8 computer, I have not yet done it nor will do it.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You liked Windows '98? I remember that that was the OS that we used in our school computers, but I never liked the theme and layout at all. Then came Windows XP and it was perfect. I wish the other OS that they followed it up with did not have issues, after all, they're supposed to be the improved and latest version right?

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I liked Vista's look the most out of all of them, but of course, it would be great if it ran and operated as well as Windows 7 and XP. I'm kind of curious about Windows 8, but it doesn't seem to fit the desktop experience. I think it looks and probably operates a lot better for tablets and phones, since that's what they were aiming for, to the best of my knowledge. If I had to pick, I'd still pick Vista, but only if I didn't have to do anything task heavy on it like edit videos etc.

8. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    I've tried Windows ME, Windows 8 and everything in between. My favorite so far is Windows 7 since it has XP's functionality without all the random crashing.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Come to think of it, I did have a lot of crashing experiences with Windows XP. But back then I still don't know how to do clean the pc's memory but now I do, so there are less of those blue screen of death errors, because I have observed that blue screen errors can also be caused by a dirty memory.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite was and still is Windows XP with service pack 3. I'm still using it. I am not looking forward to it's demise next year. Well, it's not going to die, but it will be unsupported.

I have used Windows 3.1, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP and Windows 7. I have played with a Windows 8 laptop. Windows XP is my favorite followed closely by Windows 98. I had a hard time letting it go too.

11. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    They're really not all that different, Ive tried everything from XP-Windows 8 and its really just personal preference. I'm currently using Windows 7 and am satisfied and feel I have no reason to upgrade.

12. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    So far i think that windows 7 is really satisfactory and able to deliver the goods. I have not really had any major issues with it. It is like XP with a modern face to it. Also when i transitioned to 7 i had no issues with compatability for a lot of the programs that i use. I thought that it was really good and i dont have anything bad to say about it.

13. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I've used Win 93, 95, 98, 98 Second Edition, ME, XP, Vista, and 7. Windows 7 is my favorite so far because of the features it's got and the performance it gives. Programs feel light and responsive and the visual interface is clean and easy to look at. When it comes to stability, it's 98 SE and XP hands down. The one I hate most is Vista, it's sluggish and heavy.

14. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. I say Windows 7 is by far the best Windows OS that Microsoft has ever released because I see there a lot of improved over the Windows 7. It's much easier to use and is more user-friendly than the previous Windows OS. The layout looks fluid and better to navigate, which this is the only Windows OS that I would prefer using in the future, well, if it's still available.

15. sidd230

sidd230Member

Threads:
    Definitely Windows 8. It just works!

Its very snappy and fast and has amazing driver support. It also supports newer AHCI based SSDs which means very small boot times and a generally fast OS. It also uses memory more efficiently.

16. WeDontSleep

WeDontSleepNew Member

Threads:
    Windows Vista is my favorite. I installed on my PC last year (before that I had XP :D). I am actually very satisfied with Vista, it runs fine, doesn't take up a lot of processing power and it looks and feels so comfortable. Despite a lot of negative reviews that Vista has been getting, I think I'm gonna stick with it for at least another year or so.

17. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I like Windows 7 a lot. I used every Windows OS since 3.11 and I love Windows 7. I'm holding out of Windows 8 for now because I feel it is targeted towards tablets or laptops with touchscreens.

18. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite OS is Windows XP because I've been using it for quite some years and I am somewhat sentimental lol. Windows 7 and 8 are OK too, although I hate those new devices without mouse and keyboard, that is the worse part!

19. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    Never thought I'd hear anyone say that they actually like Windows Vista! Oh well, to each their own I suppose. I still fascinating to know that some people actually like it though!

20. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    XP. I have 7 because more things require it but I liked XP more. After XP they started adding more annoying security features and other unnecessary things. I don't mind 7 that much but XP seemed very functional and after that their operating systems became more bloated. I have tried 8 before and it isn't useful to me. I have to do more work to make it function like previous versions with a normal desktop and start menu.