Which mode of transport do you prefer for travelling?

Discussion in Travel started by akiii123 • Oct 14, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy travelling in trains and cars. I love trains as it is the only mode of transport that does not shake too much while on the move. It moves quite steadily and comparatively slower than other vehicles. I think it is quite important to enjoy the ride and for me nothing can be better than trains. What transport do you prefer for travelling?

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    My mode of transport, anything that I can afford or muster to use, that will take me from A to B. Also, it depends on how far and how long I am staying at a place of travel or destination, the environment [weather, clime, region, etc.], and the society I shall be a visitor of.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to travel in airplanes. They're fast and you can see clouds of various shapes and sizes (I took a lot of cloud photos in my past airplane rides). Also, traveling by day and early afternoon gives you a nice view of the horizon. The downside? Air turbulence can frighten the lights out of me. I am all right with buses and vans but they tend to make my joints stiff and I have to endure more than five hours of back-breaking travel. I like traveling by boat too but only at a short distance. I can't endure more than five hours of swinging back and forth.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to travel in a car as compared to a bus because it's more comfortable and less wobbly. I haven't ridden in a plane or train yet, so my choices are rather limited.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't feel like wasting a lot of hours on the road going to my destination. When go out for a travel, I just to be directly to place where I am headed. I feel like a lot of time afre being wasted travelling on the road and enduring long hours of monopoly, and muscle strains from the limited movement I can project because of the limited space of the vehicle. So I would really prefer a travel through a plane, simply because it's the fastest. Even if it were not convenient, but it's fast as it is, I would still go for it.

6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on where I'm going. If I were to go back home, the time difference between an airplane and the train is not that much different for the travel, but the price is definitely. It costs much more to catch the train than it does a plane. However, it's much less time and money getting home from the station than it is the airport. Outside of that particular destination, I'd probably prefer flying.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would get trains all the time if I could as they are fast and comfortable. You can move around and you can see where you are going. I don't mind the bus or coach, but delays are more likely with traffic or bad weather.

I do like flying, but I don't like not being able to choose who I am next to and when to eat. I feel restricted but for overseas it's the only way, so I try to sleep instead. I hate the delays in airport security as well which add on travel time or waiting for my luggage!

8. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I am a nervous flyer. Yet, it is my favorite mode of travel because I just want to get to my destination as quickly as possible. I regret buying the plane ticket until I am safely on the ground. The poor passengers who sit next to me probably can't relax due to my furious chewing of gum. Numerous people have tried to explain the physics behind keeping the plane in the sky, but I don't understand why it doesn't just fall down. I'm much better acquainted with gravity. But, I like vacation time and hate to waste it getting to the destination.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When traveling abroad you don't have too many options . . .

Currently traveling abroad isn't something I do. There's the money issue among other things. So since I have to travel within my home country, I find traveling by car to be more convenient. I can make detours as I please, stop in towns longer if I find them to be interesting. To be honest, destination never means much to me when I'm traveling. I prefer to have as much fun as I can on the way.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't mind any of them as long as I can get to my destination quicker. I prefer cars most of all I guess but I do enjoy being in a plane as well especially if it's a good one that is comfortable and serves good food. I would also like to someday get to try out using a train but sadly there isn't a good one here I could use. I'm hoping to vacation at a country where I could use the train to get to another destination someday.

11. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a road trip type of gal, I love being able to stop and explore small towns or just enjoying the scenery. So, I guess a car/ van would be my favorite way to travel. However, a train ride is awesome too because of the scenery. I really don't mind the mode of travel I take, but my preference is always the mode where I can take my time, enjoy the scenery and explore.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer planes because we save time. When I want to see the area I do like a good road trip, a good long car trip in a comfortable car is very relaxing.

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a lot that scientists have not discovered about our bodies this fur, and I am certain that human being have the ability to defy gravity and or fly to some degree. I just wish this was a viable port of transport. It would be free, we would cut down on the supposed gas emissions from vehicles, and I would not have to worry about travel sickness. Other than that, I don't like any other mode of transport. I get travel sick way too easily.

14. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    I love taking the car.
    It gives you true freedom you can go anywhere you want, you can change plans.
    It's nice being able to get around without trying to figure out buses or take taxis too.
    Sometimes the really fun stuff is on the outskirts of a town and it can be hard to get too without a car.
    Granted in big cities parking is a huge pain and pretty pricey too.
    Sometimes we load the bikes into the truck and then explore the city by bike!

15. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In going to work, I love to drive my car. When going on trips out of town, I also love to drive our car. It is very comfortable for me to travel in our own vehicle because we do not depend on the schedule of the bus or train. Of course if the destination is so far then it is okay to take the plane. On Thursday we are going to a beach resort for a short vacation. It is more than 200 kilometers away from our house so it will take more than 3 hours of driving not to count the stopover for breakfast and buying fruits on the roadside.

16. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Well, since we have a son, the only mode of transportation we use is a car. It's safer, convenient and easier since bringing him into other modes of transportation can be quite difficult. With a car, he can walk around when we make some stops. Plus, he can sleep in the car seat as well. We can control which music plays that can calm him. We can eat as dirty as we can because we will be the ones cleaning the car anyway.

17. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I love the train ride, where I can see the beautiful scenery rushing by. Riding on the train will allow you to see places which may not be so visible when travelling by road. I must add, however, that the train is the fastest mode of passenger travel by land. High-speed passenger trains in France, China, and Japan are capable of attaining top speeds of up to 220 mph. I know that the French version the TGV has shops on board, including barber shops.

18. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I use my car, because it works out as the cheapest option for me to get to the places that I need to get to. I know that a lot of people find it more expensive, but because I live in the countryside it takes a lot of different buses to get into the closest town, so it isn't an ideal choice for me. The car actually does work out as the cheaper option, which is why it's what I've gone for in the end.

19. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to try a train ride, I've never done that before. I prefer the car I suppose. It still scares me, but I'd be more scared flying in a plane. I've never done that either. So probably a train would be my best bet if I could do that. I'd love to take a train ride across the country and see a bunch of beautiful places. You don't have to worry about gas either :).

20. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have traveled by train twice and it is quite enjoyable. I like to be able to look at the scenery around me while I am traveling which is why traveling by car is my favorite. I like seeing new things and the pretty views, plus I find the ride relaxing as long as I am not the driver. I, actually, have never traveled by airplane so I cannot comment about that except I have no desire to travel that way.