Which Movies Should We Watch This Year?!

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by ExpertAdvice • Jan 2, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    So, WHICH MOVIES SHOULD WE WATCH THIS YEAR?!

Last year was absolutely wonderful for my family and me. We are extremely grateful for the blessings God gave us, and we enjoyed a great Christmas, looking forward to a beautiful new year, with beautiful peope like yourself!

As part of our quest to enjoying this new year, we are looking forward to enjoying great movies!

It's just always been part of our "culture" as a family, to either go to the movie theater, or sit around the television, and warm up to a wonderful, cool movie that we can enjoy in full.

Last year, we enjoyed, among others, the newest installation in the X-Men saga, No Good Deed, The Maze Runner, and they were absolutely great!

But, what I'd love to get from you guys, is which movies will be hot this year?!

As always, along with the great movies that we watched, we also had a few that were not so great...We'd love to avoid making those movie-watching mistakes this year!

So, please help us! WHICH MOVIES ARE GONNA BE GREAT FOR 2015????!

movie time.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Uh, aren't we supposed to watch a movie first before we get to know if it's even worth watching? But of course, there are tons of movie review sites out there that can make us aware if a movie is worth watching or not, like IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes.

3. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Firstly, Xmen: Days of Future Past was a fantastic film that really added something great to the Xmen series. On that note, I thoroughly enjoyed all of the Marvel movies released in 2014, including Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy and The Amazing Spiderman 2. One of the biggest Marvel films will be released this year in Avengers: Age of Ultron, and it looks incredible from the trailers. I would say this is one of the film I am most looking forward to this year.
    There are so many great films being released this year, and off the top of my head I am also looking forward to Star Wars VII, the final film in the Hunger Games series, the next Fast and Furious, Mission Impossible 5 and many more.
    If you are trying to find some films you will enjoy, why not look for past film series' that you have liked as most of the films I have listed are part of a series.

4. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Woman in black 2 is a definite must see. I think I am going to watch that tonight. Just hope the lead in the new movie can give a performance as Epic as Daniel Radcliffe's. Just heard that the sequel to Finding Nemo is finally being released although not until 2016 still definitely deserves a mention. Birdman will be fantastic and is out soon, also Deadpool is in the making not sure when it will be released. But I agree can't really say until they have seen them. I was bitterly disappointed by Transformers last year. So I am not making any prejudgements anymore. I know Heroes 2015 is not a film but I cannot wait to see it.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd say, we should watch them all. The good, the bad, and the ugly. :)
    I love watching alternative, underground and controversial movies. Mainstream films don't interest me very much. So, usually I go to a small cinema in my town where they screen art movies from around the world. I can't wait to see what's in store in 2015. :)

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm looking forward to watching The Minion. The said release date in the USA will be this July 10, 2015. I can't wait to see the potatonanas and their silly antics! Other movies I'm looking forward to watching are: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Jupiter Ascending and Insurgent. I might consider Fifty Shades of Grey out of curiousity and not because I'm really dying to watch it. :eek:

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only film I am waiting for is Star War:The Force Awakens, but it's a long wait. In between I am sure there will be teasers and lots of advertising for merchandise. I just hope it lives up to what we expect! It will be interesting to see Captain America and if they really do kill him off or not and how?

8. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I loved the first Avatar movie. It's a visual delight and the story line is deep. So, I am looking forward to the sequel. One thing I would like to see improved, though. In the first movie, the eyes of the animated characters were quite bland. They did not have any life in them. They seemed more like just dead buttons. Perhaps in the sequel they can change this and make the animated characters have eyes that are more alive.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am actually really excited about this you're in movies! One of the ones I'm expecting the most is Jurassic world. Ever since I watched the teaser trailer I have been obsessed and June cannot get here soon enough for me to watch it. I am also dying to watch Mockingjay part two just because I really loved this trilogy and I'm sure the last movie is going to be amazing!I must say I am intrigued enough to also watch 50 Shades of Gray! I did not enjoy the first book, and didn't try to read the rest, but I am very excited to watch the movie and see how it's going to turn up.

10. Victor Leigh

Threads:
    More shades of gray? Oh,no! I think I have enough of such stories. I can understand that different people enjoy different things but the 50 Shades of Gray did not strike me as something that really all that entertaining. True, it's a bestseller but I think it's appeal is more in being different rather than in being filled with anything which would enrich anyone's lives. Men manipulating women is nothing new. Women manipulating men is nothing new either. Of course, that's just my opinion.

11. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I choose these film or movie candidates to watch for the year 2015:

Jurassic World; I simply want to know the reasons why bother with making another movie beyond the genetic manipulation plot and why continue the franchise still.

Spectre; The next James Bond movie, which I believe maybe better than the last one. Dave Bautista is in the movie, which I foresee it will have good action scenes.

Mad Max: Fury Road; Hollywood producers and studios finally decided to make a reboot of the dystopia world of fast cars and insane drivers! A movie I must see.

In the Heart of the Sea; Looks like a interesting movie, being that it's the latest film of Herman Melville's "Moby Dick."

Terminator Genisys; Yep, Arnold is back, and he looks more stiffer in this movie but it will be a great experience to watch his character fight his past younger CGI terminator self!

There's so many other movies, but this is my short list.

12. Victor Leigh

Threads:
    Thank you for reminding. This is one movie I can look forward to watching. Somehow the fiction in the movie seems to be becoming like real life now, in certain parts of the world. Think deserts. Think recycled war weapons. Think kill or be killed.