Which next-gen console will you be purchasing?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Teddysean • May 17, 2013.

1. Teddysean

TeddyseanNew Member

Threads:
    I personally am leaning more toward the PS4. If it's any indication by their current marketing strategies, they really have their heads on straight, and know how to appeal to and provide for both the consumer and the gamer.

Owning an Xbox 360 has taught me that Microsoft is more inclined to take extra money out of your pocket than to give you deals or cater to your needs as a gamer and a consumer,

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'll probably be buying the PS4. I'm much more used to Playstation products, interface and controllers, plus I'm still hoping they will be able to incorporate the PS Vita into it in a number of fun ways. I'll probably check out the Xbox 720 as well, I'll make my final judgement then, but I'll probably go for the PS4.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'll buy them all! Haha. I'm an avid gamer and I want to play the exclusive games of each console. I'll probably purchase the PS 4 first, then the Xbox 720, then the Nintendo Wii. There would probably be a one year interval between purchasing the consoles. Oh, and the order could change too. If the Wii U would be sold at discounted prices when its rivals would come out, I might get the Wii U first.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely more leaned towards the PS4, but i won't buy it any time soon because i still didn't see anything in it that interests me that much, and that usually takes a few years.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have gone from PS1, to PS2, to xBox and now xBox360 but we are not liking the direction that xBox720 sounds like it is headed in. It is too early to tell but it sounds like the xBox720 is less about gaming and more about everything else. As of right now, we will be getting a PS4 instead.

6. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I will most likely be getting the PS4 instead of the Xbox. Basically I have always owned a PlayStation since childhood, and so it would feel a little alien to me to now purchase an Xbox. The only reason I would purchase the next gen Xbox, is if it had significantly higher specification than the PS4.

7. jpfm25

jpfm25New Member

Threads:
    I am going to wait for both systems to come out first. Once they are no longer overpriced, I will choose one. I will consider the games that both systems will have. After that, I will check the reviews and see which one has more features. I will also check for the durability. I was one of the owners of the Xbox 360 launch units. I had the 3 red lights of death after a few months.

8. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I won't be purchasing either of them, at least at first. I'll probably stick with my PC and the 360/PS3 until a big game library has built up and the prices have come down. I may then purchase one, which would probably end up being the PS4, since I usually like the Playstation exclusive games more.

9. chriswild1122

chriswild1122New Member

Threads:
    I'm going to do what I should have done in the last console war - WAIT IT OUT! I always jump and buy the first thing that strikes me as cool or exciting but I really need bide my time and wait it out. I think in retrospect had I really waited I would have wound up buying a PS3 as opposed to an XBOX 360 but hindsight is 20/20. Right now there's not too much about the PS3 that intrigues me and the WiiU seems like a glorified Mario gaming unit so let's see what the XBOX 720 (or whatever they're calling it) has to offer.

10. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    It all depends on the different features each console as. Personally, I'm going to go to with the PS4.
    I think overall, playstation is better than xbox, but it all comes down to personal preference. I chose ps3 basically because of their free services.

11. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, it seems like there are a lot more people who prefer PlayStation over the Xbox. I also always thought that PlayStation had better exclusive titles than Xbox. Xbox has DOA, Forza, Gears of War, Halo, and Fable. On the other hand, PlayStation has Uncharted, God of War, Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo, PlayStation All Stars. If Xbox doesn't fix its vision, I think the PlayStation would be the clear winner here.

12. oracewx

oracewxNew Member

Threads:
    I don't own a gaming console except for a PS1 that I broke after a year. I have hang around some friends that owns an xbox 360 for a few months and played it and frankly I do not like it at all cause it is so slow in everything especially when loading the web / youtube app. I don't have any experience with the PS3 except that it uses blueray technology or something so I'm actually thinking of getting a PS4 if the choice is between PS4 and Xbox 720

13. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Xbox if they are going to release the Illumiroom. If not, PS4.

But I am hoping these two giants would implement Oculus Rift VR on their platforms.
    This is quite big if someone use Virtual Reality on their products.

14. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will not be purchasing any of the latest consoles because they are very expensive and I don't really have the time to play video games. I used to own an X-box 360 but I sold it because it wasn't getting used. I would rather play games on my PC when I have the time. You get much more bang for your buck on PC.

15. Teddysean

TeddyseanNew Member

Threads:
    Great responses, lots of varying opinions. I have decided on purchasing a PS4, but I will have to watch the conference for the new xbox on the 21st, to see if my opinions change.