Which next gen console will you buy?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Nov 2, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hey guys, the Wii U has launched long ago and the PS 4 and Xbox One ate launching this November. They promise to bring another level of gaming experience to our living rooms. Better graphics, more features, more immersion. . . But if you only have enough cash to purchase one console, which would it be?

2. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I will be buying a PS4 but I won't be buying it for a while. I'm sure the price points will get more reasonable and I still have a ton of PS3 games I need to buy and finish. This generation is not over, at least to me.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I probably won't purchase either for a few years. I am still looking to get a Wii U in the near future. I know it is struggling, but I am a Nintendo fan through and through.

4. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    If I was to ever get back into gaming out of the PS4 and Xbox One I'd have to go with the PS4 like everyone else, just seems to be such a better machine in all aspects. Xbox One doesn't have much going for it in my opinion and this is coming from someone that chose the 360 over PS3 previous generation.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'll probably get a PS4, but I won't get it at launch. First, there aren't that many games yet, and second, I'm choosing to wait for the price to drop. I'm honestly not that excited for this particular generation, to be honest.

6. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    If I could purchase both now I would. I am like a fiend for the latest electronics. If I had to choose between the latest game systems I would choose an X Box 1.

7. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I am thinking of going with the Xbox One on this one. I don't know why but I feel like the Xbox One is going to just be ahead of The Playstation 4 in this case. I have saw so much that I liked about the Xbox and so little that actually got me interested in the Playstation.

8. MakeshiftMiloh

MakeshiftMilohMember

Threads:
    I currently have a Wii U, but am in the market for the PS4. I haven't had a Playstation console since the PS2, but the price point and power under the hood has definitely made me interested in their newest product. Also, when it comes to RPGs, the Playstation usually obtains the lion's share.

9. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I will be buying the PS4 because I think the exclusives look better and I am bored of my Xbox.

10. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The PS4. Xbox went with all the wrong decision ever since their first console, and I can't see them fixing it any time soon. However, I'm not going to buy PS4 for a few years now.

11. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    When I can afford to I am going to be buying a PS4. I am a PS fan and I have all the consoles and I can't wait to add the fourth one to my collection. I like some of the games that will be coming out and I like how the graphics look on the PS4. I have all of my games for each console and I don't see myself getting bored with PS anytime soon.

12. minotechonline

minotechonlineNew Member

Threads:
    I am getting a PS4 most likely. PS+ looks way better than Xbox live gold and there are a few things about the Ps4 specs that I think are great. Also, I had the 360 for a long time and I think jumping ship would make sense right now considering all the problems I had with the 360. To be fair both are going to be great, and also if your going to be waiting for a price drop don't. They are pricing the PS4 at $400 which is very reasonable for what you get for your money, and I don't see them dropping it any time in the near future.

13. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, right, you reminded me that I still have to get the first PlayStation, for collection's sake. :)

14. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    Normally, I'm one of the first people in line to buy the new systems. This time around, I'm holding out. In the past I feel like I've spent more money upfront, and still have to wait for the games I want to come out. So, I'm hold out one more year before buying a new system. I'm probably go with Xbox. And, I might get the Wii U if I think my kids will get some use out of it. Or, I could hold out for something like the Steam box. Either way, I'm not going to take point on the game revolution anymore. It's too expensive.

15. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I have the money I think I will go for the xbox one I don't really like the newer play stations I like the first and second but i'm not to happy with the ps3 and I don't think I will like this new one either. I like xbox.

16. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I will buy the PS4 but not at launch since not too many games caught my attention.
    Not only that, but I also want to wait and see how the Steambox performs and then I'll make a decision.

17. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I was thinking about the Nintendo 3DS XL, however, I wasn't quite sure yet. I still have the Nintendo 3DS, which I really like it because it's light enough that I can carry it around everywhere I go. I have seen the Nintendo 3DS XL, which has bigger screen. I think I would like to purchase it sometime this year.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I had money, I would buy the PS4, since I want to know the improvements that they added to the console, since I only got to play with a PS2 when I was younger.

19. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The PS4 is the only console I would even consider buying. I don't really understand why some people are still sticking with Microsoft after what they said. Though, for now I will watch from the sidelines to see how the PS4 does.

20. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I expect that Sony will do well with the PS4, but I am going to wait before I buy it. I want to get one but I need to make sure that it's wirth it first even though there are some games I want to get for it.