Which Noodle Dish Do You Like Most?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Oct 16, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've grown up eating in Chinese restaurants, so I can't help but go for some beef / wanton noodle soup whenever I crave for noodle dishes. Pasta never really appealed to me that much, but I do like Spaghetti from time to time, just not as much as a good noodle soup. Japanese ramen and Vietnamese Pho are also good substitutes, but beef noodle soup gives me the most comfort.

Which noodle dishes do you like best?

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Half of my heritage is italian and for this reason pasta occupy a very important place in the family gastronomy. Despite that, I am not a fan of that type of dishes (usually very caloric and consistent), but I enjoy the spaghetti with tomato sauce and traditional recipes using homemade noodles (those amassed by "la nona"). Oriental food attracts me, but the gastronomic offer in my town is quite limited in that sense, so I don't have the option of eating these dishes often.

There is a dish that is undoubtedly among my favorites, and it's simple and economical: noodles (with a little butter) and flaked tuna. This recipe is a delight and we can eat at any time of year. :p

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite noodle dish would be spaghetti with marinara sauce. Delicious. Running a close second is chow mien. Those are the only two noodle dishes that I eat.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like spaghetti in red sauce and chicken noodle soup. If you are including Mac and Cheese I would have to say home made Mac and Cheese is also one of my favorite foods.

5. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of good old fashioned spaghetti with meatballs. I love when shrimp is added to the meatballs and Parmesan cheese is sprinkled over the pasta and sauce. I just think that when you think of noodle/pasta, most people think of spaghetti. It's just a timeless dish.

6. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I love so many! Spaghetti dishes, to mac and cheese, to a cheddar/broccoli, or alfredo with chicken and broccoli! So many! I'm trying not to eat it as much though, because I'm trying to lose weight. it's hard though, they are yummy!

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I very rarely eat noodle dishes because they are not good for. Wheat noodles are bad because they are wheat and dense in carbohydrates, rice noodles are a slightly healthier option but still not great. My favourite noodle dish has to be Pad Thai, the national dish of Thailand. One of my favourite meals to eat, period.

8. alfonso

alfonsoMember

Threads:
    My favorite noodle dish at the moment is a Japanese dish called Tantanmen. It's a kind of spicy ramen with pork similar to the Chinese dan dan noodles. One big, hot bowl of this stuff really hits the spot.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't eat many noodle dishes these days, but in a perfect world, I would love them all lol

10. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Fettacheni (I know I horribly misspelled that, but I'm just not a good speller) is my favorite, but I really like anything Italian. When it comes to oriental dishes I prefer meat, veg, rice as a dinner.

11. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    My brother introduced me to house special Mai Fun from the Chinese Restaurant. Ever since I order it very often. I find it to be a healthy meal. It is full of vegetables, seafood and more.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like spaghetti, macaroni, and lasagna. I noticed that I'm more fond of pasta that has tomato sauce in it as compared to other types of pasta dish. I do eat noodle dishes, but not often, they're not my favorite type of food.

#12Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like ramen, lo mein, udon, yakisoba. I'm a fan of most Asian noodle dishes.
    I even try to make my own sometimes. I'm not really into Italian pasta because I've had some bad experiences with spoiled Alfredo sauce and mushy overcooked pasta.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't eat noodles a lot, and my experience in the kitchen is a little bit limited for someone who lives with a former chef. But I'd have to say that the only noodle dish that i really cherish would have to be noodles with Thai peanut butter sauce? That's probably the only noodle dish that I really know how to put together, and it is fast and delicious.

15. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love noodles and even though whole wheat are better and healthier they are not my favorite. I like udon, chow mein, buckwheat noodles and pappardelle or linguine in pasta. I love them in soups or fried and I do like ramen, especially Nong Shim.

16. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Ramen (not the instant noodle kind, but authentic Japanese ramen) is really delicious. It's a staple in Japan and is relatively cheap compared to many other foods there, and there are many variations between the different prefectures.