Which Online Payment Method Do You Prefer?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by pafjlh • Jan 6, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have an online payment source that you prefer over others? I have to admit that for me I prefer Paypal over the others. Why because with paypal I know how to get my money out of the payment system. I know that they have a debit card and a way to connect to your back account to transfer funds. To be honest working online I find myself being drawn to websites that accept paypal more then any others. I have belonged to a couple along the way where they accepted another online payment system but found myself not happy with it. The thing that made me most unhappy was I couldn't figure out how to get my money out of the payment system. I am sure that all these companies have their way of doing it, but I know paypal I know my way around it, and I am comfortable with it. I should be I have been a member of it for over a decade now. I know that paypal isn't perfect, but then name me something that is, but for me I feel more confident with it then I have with other payment methods online.

So, which payment method do you prefer online, or have you even thought about it?

2. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdanaMember

Threads:
    I definitely prefer to use paypal over any sort of payment method, mostly because all of the money that I earn from my online earning sites goes straight into my paypal account. If I'm shopping from a website that doesn't offer paypal as a way of paying for it, then I have to worry about making sure that money from my paypal account gets transferred into my bank account so that I have the money to pay for the item. Though if I have to, I do have a paypal credit card that I can just put money on whenever I want, which goes immediately into that part of the account, so worst comes to worst I just use that!

3. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    When it comes to online payment I'm really sure nothing beats paypal. In my situation, it's quit simple. I don't owe a Mastercard or Visa Card, so basically I'm reduced to pay via Paypal or by prepaying. Also I never had problems with prepaying, it's a method that makes you fell way less sure then just putting something in your card, log in to paypal and buy your product. I feel like paypal is the official payment method of the internet and if seeing an online shop who doesn't propose paypal, I have to admit that I'm always a little shocked by it.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My preferred method of payment is Paypal, for the simple reason that it's all I know. Well that and the fact is trustworthy and a reputable brand. I was very surprised when I was recently researching alternative methods of payments outside of Paypal, to discover quite a lot of options. I was also quite taken aback that although Paypal is the most renowned, there are others which are considered the better option. But I'm a creature of habit and I strongly believe "if it aint broke, why fix it"? -especially as a lot of online business accept Paypal only, I never see them offering any alternatives.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I like Paypal. Paypal works for me whether online and in actual stores. I use my paypal debit card all of the time. I also like how when I buy something online, I can use paypal and not have my payment information given out to the company that I bought something from.

6. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal, without a doubt. I've used paypal for years and trust using it far more than any other method. I love shopping on amazon and I'd say the one big thing I have against them is they don't accept paypal. I think amazon is the only place I do shop online that doesn't accept paypal. Nowadays when I'm looking for something and end up on a site that doesn't accept paypal I just find another site that does and make my purchase there.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you. PayPal has a more user-friendly and hassle-free system compared to other forms of online payment. I tried Payoneer before but it's not very convenient. I ended up forfeiting almost $50 to the local ATM machine every time I tried to withdraw money using the debit card they provided me with. Not to mention they also deduct $25 from the first payment. With PayPal, I have not even lost more than $3.

8. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say that I perfer PayPal over all other forms of online payment. I use my PayPal account for so many different things that it is pretty much an extra bank account. Also, everything just seems faster in terms of payment transaction when I am using my PayPal account. I use to use my bank debit card before, but it always felt like it took a while before the payment transactions were completed.

9. krazyman

krazymanMember

Threads:
    PayPal is the way to go - especially if you are paying with U.S. currency. For those of you who have jumped on the bitcoin bandwagon I like Xapo as my wallet for storing coins. There is a very limited number of place that use bitcoin as accepted currency (none of them are U.S. vendors - at least not the ones I use) but they will ship to the U.S. I have only used the service once - but I had no trouble.

10. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I use Paypal all the time because I like the privacy and security and easiness. But I had no idea there were Paypal debit cards we could have! I thought Paypal use was limited to websites accepting it. Well.

I like Paypal paying also because, when I get money from the internet, it goes direct in my Paypal account. Then I don't need to bother with transactions and all!

11. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Using paypal for a while I can say it's my safest bet. I just wish it had more coverage on online stores and I could pay for more items on more diverse stores. That being said, paypal is my to go website when getting paid online or when transactioning video game items.

12. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I use paypal as an online payment method. Opening an account with paypal is so easy. It is so convenient, and hassle-free. You can check your balance anytime you want. Whenever I have enough money on paypal, I put it in my bank account immediately. Paypal works best for me.

13. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal has got to be one of the simpler ones. I've had it for probably close to a decade now, and while I don't process a ton of payments through it, it is usually my go-to vendor for when I do make smaller purchases (under $50 or so). That being said, if I'm making a substantially larger purchase, I'll try and spend it via my credit card so that I can take advantage of the in-built protection that is offered through my bank.

14. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliamsMember

Threads:
    I'm not entirely sure why, but I prefer paying with my debit card, which, to be fair, is not the smartest option out there as you put your debit card at significant risk of theft. I do have a paypal but don't really use it that much. Perhaps I should start using my paypal more because I did get stung once when somebody stole something like 180 bucks from a debit card I hadn't used for a while.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It seems PayPal is the winner here. I am also a paypal user. The fees are reasonable, you can get a debit card to use or transfer your money to your bank, the choice is yours. I use my paypal card to make purchases online and offline without any issues. I have used my paypal account to accept payments when I have been a vendor at shows, often if you can not accept payment when you are a vendor at an event you will lose the sale.

16. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    As I mentioned in a similar thread before, PayPal is the obvious standout option for most here. However, there are other services available and people should start to consider them, in light of PayPal becoming more and more strict about accounts and limiting a lot of accounts and ceasing to do business with people, just based on their pure "suspicions" of wrongdoing. Skrill and Neteller are both good alternatives, as are cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, if you know what you're doing and know how to keep your funds safe.

17. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I always use Paypal for my online transactions. Not only is it very easy to use once you get verified, it is also supported by almost every online shops and ecommerce websites. In addition to that, most online jobs also pay through Paypal which makes Paypal even more convenient. I believe that it is also the most secure payment processor available out there that's why it's the only website that I trust with my online transactions. Alertpay used to be my second choice but when they changed their site to Payza, and they became sort of a hassle to deal with, with larger transaction fees, I dropped them immediately.

18. stagsonline

stagsonlineNew Member

Threads:
    PayPal has and will always remain my number one option when it comes to getting online payments and shopping. I believe they are the most trusted online payment processors worldwide. I have personally used their services for more than five years. A few months ago, I actually had a payment dispute with a seller and the way PayPal handled it on my behalf was simply amazing. I got back my money after a while and thanked them much for their professional and timely support.

19. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    Paypal works fine for me. Their fast and secure. I rather use Paypal then a credit card when buying items online as well. I do have to link my Paypal up with a bank account when receiving funds. For now I just have them send me a check in the mail.

20. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    My preferred method is definitely paypal. I no longer have a credit card so I'm rather limited to paypal which is fine because its secure and easy to use. I get quite annoyed if a shopping site doesn't use paypal!!