Which Payment Option Is Better?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by sylvially Brant • Jul 27, 2015.

1. sylvially Brant

sylvially BrantNew Member

Threads:
    hello all,
    I have a Paypal account, but the shopping website i am getting requires that I have either a Payza or Epay account for direct deposit, both of them are available in my country. So i want to know which is better.I know payza has a longer history and maybe we are more likely to trust it. But it's free for us to pay and get paid on

, while we still need to pay some fees to get paid on www. payza.com. In this view, i think epay is more attractive. On the other hand, i have heard some complaints about payza and it seems that Payza is notorious for holding money, up to 6 months. I don't know whether it's true. Anyone has some suggestions?

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard of all three payment processors; Paypal, Payza, and Epay. The only two that I have used are Paypal and Payza. I have never used Epay, and would not be inclined to use it unless I absolutely had to, because Paypal has never steered me wrong. Paypal are also know for holding money too, and they are the same company who own Payza.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest that [Paypal owns Payza] is news to me. Last time Payza was in the news for the wrong reasons [Payza funds in the U.S had been frozen by Homeland Security or some other agency] the owner was some guy called MH Pillars. If he later sold the company to Paypal, that I don't know but some enlightenment I would appreciate . . .

@OP having never used either of the two services but know the reputation of one, I caution against using Payza.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only one I've used is PayPal. I have heard of Payza, but have never researched it with the intent of using, since I'm happy with PayPal, and for those places that don't accept PayPal, I have the PayPal debit card. I've never heard of Epay, so can't vouch for how good of a site/pay method it is. I was also unaware of Payza being owned by the same company as PayPal.

5. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Last time I heard, Payza and Paypal were owned by the same company, the only difference between them being that Payza is less popular by large extents. I don't know why, but I guess each to their own, haha. I've registered an account with both Payza and Paypal, and honestly, in spite of the problems I had with PayPal in the past, it's still the best choice someone should opt-out for due to its popularity.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am unfamiliar with Payza and or Epay. In fact I have never heard of them. I would go with the consensus opinion as to which processor is the best. It sounds like you know something about the, The Payza option doesn't seem like it is a good option at this point.

7. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    It is always important to make sure that a payment method is trustworthy before you give them any of your bank details. I love PayPal for this reason, because it has been used for so long that people just tend to accept that they are able to trust it, which is great. However, out of the two that you have listed, I have only ever heard of Payza actually being used as a method. If it was me making the choice, I would go for that, as I know that friends of mine have used it in the past, and it has worked well for them.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Payza took like a month before transferring my money to another Payza account, and I had to email them thrice to expedite the process, so obviously they don't have good customer service. That was way back in 2012, so things might have improved by now.

@DreekLass@DreekLass, Where did you get that info? It says here that another company wholly owns Payza:

:)

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    Really? There is a payment processor that I know that Paypal is the owner of. If it is not Payza, then I have completely forgotten what the name of the payment processor is. I could have sworn that it was Payza though. How strange. If anybody knows what the name of Paypal's other payment processor is, then let it be known. It's gonna bug me trying to figure it out now lol.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've not tried ePay, but I've used Payza a handful of times in the past and I wasn't particularly fond of them to be honest. Actually, shortly after I used them, they stopped servicing US customers, so I couldn't use them at all any more. However in the past year or two I believe they now work with US customers and can send money to you if you live in the US. Perhaps that's via some partnership with PayPal? Who knows.

The only reason I even used Payza was because a couple of microjob sites I had done some tasks for would only pay out through them.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Lol, I googled "Paypal owns another payment processor" and Payflow Pro came up:

hehe it does sound like Payza. I know Paypal doesn't provide their services for shady purposes like money cyclers and HYIP sites to maintain their integrity. Well, Payflow seems to need publicity since it's not well known yet.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    @sidney@sidney I have actually never heard of Payflow in my entire life? Seriously, I really don't think I have. All this time, I have been under the impression that Paypal have owned Payza. Or maybe it is another payment processor that I was under the impression that Paypal owned. With paypal's popularity, I am surprised that Payflow doesn't have more publicity.

#12Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only ever used Paypal as I've never had any complaints about it. I have however done extensive research on Paypal alternatives, and Payza is never far behind. But those who have used it always seem to have complaints, including high fees. Thank God I've never had to use it. As for ePay, I have never heard of it before.If I were you, I'd opt for Payza over ePay because it's quite well known and relatively widely used.

14. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I have the PayPal prepaid Debit Card. I have a bank account as well. But I use the PayPal Card because I do a lot of online work to supplement my income and the debit card is the quickest way to get paid. It's pretty convenient though the $4.95 per month fee is a bit high just to use a card. Can't complain though. I'm a big fan of PayPal in general.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Well, they do have "pay" as their first name, so that mislead you. Payza can be used to gamble in HYIP sites, that's why I have an account there. Paypal isn't an option if you want to gamble, and it will never be, because Paypal maintains it's reputation of not supporting shady sites.

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

Hehe DreekLass, and now I'm also dying to know! I just did a Google search and it doesn't seem to throw up anything. Let's hope someone here comes along and tells us :(

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    Lol. Well now I don't feel like I am going crazy at all. I learned of this payment processor over a year ago, and have been thinking that Paypal was in ownership of it for all of this time - thinking that it was Payza. I had talked to people about it on forums too, so now they too think that Paypal owns Payza lol.

18. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    I've heard about Payza and ePay but I've never really used them. I don't necessarlily think that PayPal is the best but it almost all major websites use PayPal as their secure payment method, so they have a good customer base thus giving them the upper hand of having great recognition all around the world.

I don't think many people will be using Payza or ePay, but I definitely would like to know on what are their benefits, and most important of all is whether they're safe to trust as your secure payment method.

19. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    PayPal is by far the most spread payment method that's available. Payza and Webmoney are really lesser compared to PayPal. I wouldn't trust them with my personal details anyway, to be completely honest with you. Sure, they can't exist if they don't provide top-notch security to their users, but their services seem to be really unqualitative is all I'm saying.

20. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will usually pay by credit card. However, of the ones mentioned coma I have only used PayPal. I'm not sure how much I would trust another payment method since they are not very known. I trust PayPal and I'm OK using it since it is the most widely accepted.