Which Products will you Never Buy Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by winsomenotions • Mar 6, 2014.

1. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    Online shopping can be really helpful and can save money on occasion but there are certain products I just won't buy online. I never, ever buy shoes online because I'm very picky about shoes and would probably end up returning them, which would be more of a hassle in the long run. I also won't buy makeup online unless I've previously seen it or tried it out in person because I don't want to risk ending up with a disappointing product. What products will you always avoid purchasing online and why?

2. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy shoes online either. Just worried about it not fitting right. I wouldn't want to buy clothes online for the same reason. Not sure if I would buy a new mouse or keyboard online too. I like being able to physically touch and hold them.

3. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I definitely wouldn't purchase perishable food items online, I've seen people who order milk and such through online services and I don't think I would ever be able to do that. I also don't like buying rings or shoes online either because of them not fitting properly.

4. Mina

MinaMember

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy food online at all and I wouldn't buy electronics online, I usually have to try them out first in the store then decide to buy or not.

5. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    I would never buy bras online, and I try to avoid buying swimsuits online. Although sometimes you can find some swimsuits with interesting cuts and colours online that you can't find in stores. I think that anything you buy that it meant to be tight or figure flattering is better to buy in person so that you have the chance to try it on before you buy it.

6. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I avoid buying clothes, because I barely fit in the slim version of shirts, pants and so on. A regular fit will only make me look like Pinocchio, being too large. Similarly, I try to test all the shoes I buy, since my size is somehow fluctating between 41 and 42 (european size). All in all, common shopping is an adventure for me. On the other hand, when it comes for gadgets and accessories, my first choice is online shopping

7. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    Interesting question! I wouldn't buy food or clothes online-- unless under specific circumstances. For clothes I would consider buying if I had previously seen the garment in a shop before, tried it on, know it's perfect, etc. I might buy food on Amazon (not gummybears, lol) but sometimes they have wholesale-level sales on food and I have this perhaps too-vested trust in Amazon.

Other than that, I'd buy pretty much everything else online.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only purchases I make online are for digital products and maybe on occasion, used DVDs because I'm a movie-buff and would rather not pay full-price for those movies. So apart from them [digital products and DVDs] I don't buy anything else online because I've had bad experiences shopping for clothing and sports equipment online.

So, if a product needs me to check it out first to ensure it's in perfect condition, I certainly won't buy it online.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would never buy shoes and clothes online. Anything that requires to be fitted on my body should be bought in person. And I will only buy electronics online if it's cheaper or I can't find that item offline anymore, since I bought a brand new smartphone, and after 8 months it stopped working, so I have to ship it back to China if I want to avail of the warranty.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would never buy fresh food or clothes. I just have to touch and smell all food before I buy it, preferably talking to the person who grew them. :)
    I also would never buy any clothes because of the same reasons. I want to feel the fabric, check out if it has been treated with any chemicals and make sure that it really is cotton or silk, as they claim. I also wouldn't buy precious metal online for investment.

11. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy clothes online for obvious reasons. I have been disappointed on several occasions where the clothes that are delivered are way not the same as the ones on display on the site. I think it is better to shop for clothes in a store near you rather than wasting your money buying clothes online.

12. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I'd ever buy clothes online either. It's too much hassle because chances are it won't fit or look right and I wouldn't like the idea of returning them. However, I think there might be one day where you can try all clothes on virtually. I've seen a video from Ijustine about virtual shopping experience so we must be getting closer. I wouldn't buy food either unless it was an item I missed eating and couldn't find anywhere else.

13. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Basically anything non-electronic over £100. Even then I would prefer to browse in store, but have bought laptops online before. I would never buy a car online and I think that is one of the most common things people wouldn't purchase online. While I would prefer to buy most stuff in store, I wouldn't avoid buying it online all together.

14. cabenb

cabenbMember

Threads:
    Well I thought I would never by a diamond ring online that's for sure! But I did! LOL! I've bought my wife's wedding ring from

They have great variety and awesome discounts. Shipping and handling was done by Amazon so absolutely fast and 100% save. My wife loves the ring and we never had any problems. I even bought her some other diamond rings on this web shop. One of the great things on this website is that they have a lot of pages with information and videos about what to look for when buying a diamond ring. When you scroll down on their homepage on the right site you find the information pages like the

. Very useful so two thumbs for them! So now I think I could buy anything online. Look at the

. You can be assure that all items listed are sold. Why should they put them online if they weren't? It's just a matter of finding trustworthy shops online I think.

15. Magicman94

Magicman94Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy food or clothes online.
    -- I wouldn't buy food because when you're at the store you can choose the freshest things, online, you're at the mercy of the person that's packing your order.
    -- Buying clothes online would be too much of a hassle, since you can't try them first before you buy.

16. AB9100

AB9100Member

Threads:
    I will never buy used electronics online.

I have been burned to many times. Every used product that i have purchased online has been defective. I hate to sound so negative about buying second hand products online, because i have heard a lot of success stories.

However. I have not had that kind of luck with it. I am not trying to discourage anyone. I am just sharing my experiences. Shopping for used electronics online is just not for me. I wish it was different there are a lot of good sales online.

I would like to save some money, but i would rather have a full functional product. I only purchase new electronics these days.

17. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't buy anything for myself online to be honest I usually just buy gifts online because I have moved to another city and it is more economical to buy them online and have them sent straight to where they are going as opposed to buying them from a store and sending them through the mail. I would also definitely never buy glasses, lingerie, clothing, electricals or anything of substantial value online.

18. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I would never buy shoes, especially because I like to run. Now, if I had tried on a pair in the store and they worked well for how I run, I may consider ordering them online if I were to save a lot. I haven't done that yet though.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen cleaning products sold online and I wouldn't buy them because they cost too much, shipping costs are too high and they can spill in the shipping process.
    I can't understand why some people spend $14 to buy Pine Sol on Amazon when you can walk into Walmart and buy it for $2. I wonder who on earth is actually buying all these cleaning products online and why.

20. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't think about cleaning products but you have a good point. I don't know why people would buy cleaning products online when they're such a common item that most of the time the exact one can be bought in a discount store.

I didn't know you could buy a car online. I know you can buy parts but I don't see how it's possible to buy an actual car.

#20Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2014