Which Restaurant Chain Has Taken A Complete Nosedive?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by jneanz • Jul 8, 2015.

1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    A couple of weeks ago, I was in an unfamiliar area during the lunch hour and saw a Arbys and Green Burrito combined. I used to eat at both places a long time ago, so I figured why not.

Upon entering, the first thing I noticed was the decor. Seafoam green, pink or peach and white. Just like Miami Vice. This was a problem because I smelled no food but what was on the menu was reasonably priced.

Now I live in L.A. where there is a high Latino population and many take pride in authentic cuisine. So why was my quesadilla a half cm thick? Not only was the cheese missing but the tortilla was barely browned. Just a warning.

2. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    Our local Applebees has taken a nosedive. The food was ridiculously overpriced and the portions were so small! I couldn't believe it cost us over $40 to feed three people (one was a child) and we didn't even get full. Not to mention, we drank water! SMH

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really care for Applebee's either. I used to live near one, and one of my friends in particular who is a major tight wad would only want to go there when he came to visit, because of their happy hour specials. Their menu is all over the place, they don't have any one particular theme to their offerings, like Mexican or Italian, or steakhouse, etc... It sort of reminds me of Ruby Tuesday, they have a bunch of different dishes on their menu, but they aren't known for any particularly good dish. Speaking of which, Ruby Tuesday is another place that's gone downhill too, not that they were ever great in the first place.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess Applebees have such bad press ever since they fired the waitress over the pastor tipping scandal. I've never been and many people tell me I'm not missing out, but often it depends on the location of the area. They aren't known for good food, but reasonably priced and is goof for families and get togethers. They appear to treat the staff badly, so in turn no one really cares there. Maybe they need an Undercover Boss episode.

5. kilospeed

kilospeedNew Member

Threads:
    Maybe it's just the one near me that's gotten worse, but Dairy Queen's non-dairy foods used to be at least mediocre and now I find I can't even finish a plate of French fries there. I wouldn't say they took a nosedive, but it was definitely a notable turn for the worse.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Interesting. I've never heard of the Green Burrito, but we do have Arby's. None of ours are combo units with other restaurants though. The only thing that we have like that is a KFC/Taco Bell, I think.

I've never been a big fan of the others mentioned either, so I couldn't really say. I haven't been to any of those in ages (and I only go to Dairy Queen for ice cream).

Overall, I think McDonald's has nosedived. I mean, it was never "all that" to begin with, but I do think it was better than it is now. The food doesn't even smell good when you go by any more.

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    The funny thing about this location was that Applebees was on the opposite side. I've never been to Applebees or Ruby Tuesday but I hate places that are all over the place too.

Another place I have to add is Lucille's. They are a Southern/BBQ chain that I believe cooks the meat at a remote location because the ones I've seen are next to a mall. We all know that real grilling is aromatic and I believe there are laws against this. Anyhoo, I made the mistake of ordering cheese grits. I'm not saying people of other cultures can't cook but it tasted like they used queso fresco instead of sharp cheddar.

8. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my god, I was JUST about to say that! Yeah Applebee's definitely went down in quality. I don't even know what happened...it's like all of a sudden they just got really crappy all of a sudden? It's sad because they used to be really good too :/

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree about McDonald's. I was just about to say them. I never liked most of their food but I liked their nuggets and apple pies. One thing they were always known for to me was their apple pies. The last time I got both they were stale.

I never liked Applebee's I don't think but I guess they were ok that one time I got it but the last time I ate there it made me feel sick. Never again.

As for Arby's I used to really like eating there. It is okay but not as good as I remember although I do think it helps that I have gastritis so while the sandwich and milkshake goes down pretty decently, the curly fries are too spicy for my stomach.

10. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    YES!! I totally agree. Portions have definitely been reduced as prices have skyrocketed. I always used to think Applebees had food that was just OK, but the prices were fine and most of them were relatively clean. Now the food isn't even "just OK" and the prices are outrageous, so I usually try to go somewhere else.

11. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    MickeyD's was all about the fries for me, when I was younger. Of all the fast food joints, I thought they had the best fries. We'd get burgers from Burger King but the fries from McDonald's.

Arby's was just okay, to me. That's another one I haven't visited in quite a while.

I've never really been a big fan of the Applebee's and Ruby Tuesdays types. I recently had

and really didn't think it was "all that" either, considering the prices they charge. I will say that the place was nice and clean. It is fairly new though too.

12. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I've always had a great disdain for Mcdonalds and never thought highly of their food. However, the restaurant that has really dropped in quality is Subway. They used to be all about fresh ingredients, but I've noticed in the past year that the quality of food has significantly dropped. Maybe its just the Subway near my place, but I pretty much prefer getting a sandwich at just about any other venue than Subway. They skimp you on the meat, it doesn't taste all that great, like its been sitting out for awhile, and its expensive.

13. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Besides McDonald, which is now really unbearable for me due to its low quality, Kentucky Fried Chicken is another in the nosedive list along with Subway indeed.

There is no week that the local KFC raised the price or reduce the amount of food for each package in order to keep the actual regular price for longer, not to mention that famous "General's secret recipe" is no history to taste.

14. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely agree that applebees has gone downhill. It's not like they were ever fantastic to begin with but I feel like for awhile you could count on them to have at least fairly consistent quality and sometimes even exceed expectations- not so the past few years. They're really not worth a visit anymore.

15. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    KFC for me as well. I remember enjoying it when I was younger, and even in my early 20s it was still somewhat decent. But in the past few years, their food has become completely tasteless and inedible, not to mention extremely overpriced. Ah well, that’s money saved, I suppose.

16. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    I've found that McDonalds has taken a nosedive as a whole over the last couple of years. The food was always bad for you but it used to be way tastier. The prices have also gone up whilst portion sizes have gone down. Maybe the company can turn it around but I'm just not sure.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I say McDonald's. Their dollar menu prices keep creeping up. At this point, there is only one sandwich on the dollar menu that is actually $1, everything else has gone up to $1.19 and $1.69. I've seen staff members be rude and gossip about the weight and looks of customers in line and the lobby smells like rotten food and chemical cleaners.
    Not to mention that that they started turning off the TVs and blocking electrical outlets because heaven forbid a paying customer should charge their phone or watch the news while eating.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say McDonald's, the food is not the best. The last time I got fries which is the only thing I get from McDonald's they did not taste like the good old McDonald fries. I think the cooking oil has been changed, it did not enhance the taste of the fries.

19. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that sounds like a Mexican place that is really unlikely to survive. In my opinion McDonalds has taken a nosedive. I am not really certain why...but they seem to be struggling everywhere. Truly I think the size and quality of their burgers has something to do with it. In the town where I live Hardees has much better and bigger burgers for about the same price, however, I would have to say McD's dollar menu is more varied.

20. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Haven't noticed any change in quality at the Applebees in my area. For the most part they have decent quality good and service. I would probably pick Arby's as the spot where I've seen a big drop off. Used to eat there quite often but hardly do anymore. Quality of the food and service is bad and there is almost never anyone in there, Which is a real shame as Arbys used to be my favorite fasy food spot.