Which swimming stroke do you find the coolest?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by 003 • May 30, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally I think the butterfly stroke is the coolest. I love doing it more than freestyle. Whenever I do, I feel like I am swimming like a pro. Since some consider it to be the hardest stroke, I feel like I am being admired when people see me do it, and yet they can't. Among its positive effects on me is that it exercises my core more than any other stroke, which I really like and really motivates me to keep doing it and be better at it. Another thing is it strengthens my arm and my back muscles. I remember that when I had my muscle soreness, I just kept swimming, I did butterfly and somehow it eased the the terrible soreness that I was feeling.

2. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Hi 003 :) Yes, for some (me included), the butterfly stroke is the hardest swimming style. Anyway, the coolest style for me is the backstroke, it's also the most relaxing swim stroke for me. :)

3. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    The butterfly is both the hardest and coolest (to answer both your questions). When it comes to swimming, I like the breast stroke as a casual stroke. I can do it literally forever and look around and enjoy the scenery. I usually swim in lakes not in pools so there is scenery to be had. The crawl is, to me, a workhorse for getting from point A to B. It is far too functional to be enjoyable.