Which Version of Windows Do You Use and Like Better?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by dorothymoreno • Mar 3, 2013.

1. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I have Windows 7 on my computer and at first I must admit I didn't think I was going to like it, but it is ok,and now I am used to it like I used to be with Windows XP and Vista. Then they came out with Windows 8 and everybody was telling me it was better then Windows 7 and faster. In any case I gave it a trial run and I didn't really it, so needless to say I stuck with my Windows 7. Now a lot of people are saying that Windows 8 is a lot like Windows Vista and that it isn't as good as Windows 7 and how it has a lot of problems already. My favorite all time was XP Windows for the longest, I was so comfortable using it and really liked it. I have also used Windows 2000 and Windows vista. For now I am comfortable with using Windows 7.

Does anybody use Windows 8 and if so, what is your opinion on how good or bad it is? What is your favorite Version of Windows and which do you recommend to be the better version to use?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I have Vista, which I'm perfectly happy with, although I did love XP. My husband has recently had a new laptop, which has Windows 7. He likes it, but the couple of times I've tried it I haven't been too happy with it. It takes me a while to get to grips with new technology - and just when I do, they go and bring something else out. Oh well, keep on keeping on, I suppose.

3. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I feel the same way, just when you get use to one version they come out with another! I loved XP too, and then when I replaced my computer it came with Vista and I got used to that one and I liked it. A lot of people used to complain about Vista, but I had no problems with it and a lot of people are saying Windows 8 is like vista, but I didn't think so , I didn't really like Windows 8. Just last year I let my daughter have my computer with Vista on it because My other daughter bought me a computer as a birthday gift and it has Windows 7, and I am getting used to and I like it alright, but hands down, I still think XP was the best and would really like to see them maybe upgrade XP for the next Windows version to come out, maybe Windows XP 2013!:)

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have installed only Windows Vista and XP so far, and among the 2, I also prefer Windows XP, because Windows Vista has so many bugs. But between those OS and Windows 8, I'd probably go for the older versions, because not a lot of games are compatible with Windows 8.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've used Windows 95, 98, XP, Vista and 7, and I have to admit Windows 7 is the one that has always been the most stable, faster and better-looking one I've used. I haven't tried Windows 8 yet, even though it's supposed to run smoother than 7 on computers that support the latter.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I currently use Windows XP. I love it and don't really want to upgrade to Windows 7. But I will have to by the end of the year since Microsoft will not longer be supporting it by the end of the year. I will be sad to let it go.

7. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I use windows vista and always have done. It's pretty neat and I don't think I'll use anything else as it's perfect as is. I also use Firefox for my browser but I'm thinking about starting to use Google chrome as everyone keeps telling me how much faster and better it is than Firefox.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Windows 7, it's about as solid as Windows XP was for it's time. It's a very polished OS that isn't riddled with the bugs and incessant security notices and compatibility problems that Vista had. I really dislike having to flip through the metro screen in Windows 8, since I primarily work on a desktop system. I wish they offered a way to disable that thing completely and go straight to the desktop. Even though my desktop system has a touch screen monitor, I never ever use it that way. It's uncomfortable and leaves finger prints all over the screen.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just recently changed from windows xp to windows 8 so far I like it a lot it's really cool and is set up nice I love it and it's really fast

10. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Windows 8 for just over 4 months and I have found it to be very easy to use once you get to grips with where everything is. My favourite operating system though is Windows 7, closely followed by XP and ME.

11. SandyW

SandyWNew Member

Threads:
    I have been using Windows 7 since it came out and was wondering how much difference is there between Windows 7 & 8?

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't own Windows 8 but my brother does and I think it is great. I would like to own Windows 8 but I can't afford it at the moment, I have other priorities to invest in. If I had some extra money I would definitely but it because it would improve my computer experience.

13. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    One of my Desktop PC still uses Windows XP. I'm planning to upgrade it to Windows 7 since I hear that Microsoft will no-longer provide security updates for Windows XP. Other Gadgets like the notebook and Tablet use Window seven. Sadly I've not experienced the amazing Windows 8.

14. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using Windows 8 for a month or so now. It's so much faster than Windows 7. Although I have to download a free software that would put back the Start menu from the past windows versions and made the default startup screen should be on the desktop. Performance wise, Windows 8 is really good. I just don't like the tiles of apps (well it was designed for touch screens anyway) and they removed the widgets for desktop. Although it can easily be put on by just installing another free software to put the widgets back (which are now called gadgets).

15. avihabibi

avihabibiMember

Threads:
    I am still using Windows 7 Ultimate and I am happy with it. I haven't upgrade to Windows 8 yet. I will ask people around what they think. But so far Windows 7 Ultimate is THE shit.

16. Melvin

MelvinNew Member

Threads:
    Windows 7 and Windows XP in thier respective order. The others were either buggy, or unable to function properly with my current hardware. Windows 7 & Xp was stable and it actually worked.

17. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I'm still on Windows XP. I'm glad I stayed away from chasing after the latest version of Windows. I will give some flavor of Linux a serious try next. If I upgrade Windows, it will be to Windows 7. I think Windows 8 was designed for tablets, which could prove problematic.

18. Caprio

CaprioMember

Threads:
    I use windows xp, happy with it and i prefer it better that windows 7 which i have used and wasn't very happy with. The problem is that it will soon be in microsoft's trash bin. I'l have to find a way to face it

19. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I have windows 8 now, at first I didn't like it but I will continue to play with it. I like windows 7 better though.

20. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    If it wasn't for the lack of support of HP, i would still use Windows XP because with today's machines you can use that thing as fast as a bullet. So i just use Windows 7 right now, 32bits version and i am most of the time pleased with it.

I really don't like Windows 8, expect for the next one to be the best again...