White Castle Frozen Burgers

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DrRipley • Jul 12, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    0008298800006_300X300.

I recently got to taste White Castle's frozen sliders, and I found them to be very good. I was surprised at how well packed they were as I was expecting them to be squished or jumbled but they held up quite well. Also, after having microwaved and toasted for a few seconds, I honestly wouldn't have been able to tell that they were cooked from frozen. Although, to be fair, I have never tasted a White Castle slider direct from a restaurant, so I honestly don't know how much the difference would be. My only complaint was that it tasted a bit bland, which might just be what other people like in it, but I personally just like food to be a little more salty or flavorful, but otherwise, the overall quality, structure and integrity of the sliders were surprisingly sound, and those were enough for me to make up for the slight lack of taste.

Anyone else have any other brand of frozen burgers to recommend? I'd love to try some other ones to have something to compare this to. Also, I'd love to hear what you guys think of these frozen sliders or even White Castle in general.

2. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I tasted the White Castle's frozen sliders. Every now and again I get White Castle's directly from the restaurant when I'm in my takeout mood. I will say the burgers cooked at White Castle's restaurant is better. You get them fresh and fully cooked whereas with the frozen sliders it can go either way. Sometimes they are delicious and other times I feel as if the burger isn't real meat. This is the only brand frozen burger I buy sometimes. For the most part I like to cook my food and not rely too much on the microwave.

3. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried these before but for some reason my local grocery store normally doesn't carry them. For frozen burgers they were pretty good, compared to the stuff I was use to.

4. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, you can't duplicate the steaming process that is produced in the White Castle kitchen. I love the sliders, and would probably have been able to eat about 20 in my prime, but the frozen ones aren't the same. After one try, I wouldn't get them again.

5. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I love these things they are delicious my local grocery sells the big box for $10. My whole family loves them. I will say that I like them better at the restaurant. In my city it's not called White castle, it's called Krystal's. It's the very same thing its just called a different name in the south.

6. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Never had White Castle myself, since it isn't over here, so my only knowledge of them comes from the Harold and Kumar movies. Are they somehow better than other fast food restaurants, or are they just as good/bad?

7. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    One of their regular burgers is now called a Slider. They are best eaten from the drive-through. Yet, I have microwaved, and oven roasted them from the store bought frozen burgers. They tasted best when heated in the oven, after thawing.
    However, during the winter, I will just use the drive-through then order a big bag to go. I will then eat a few, and freeze some for later.

8. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you don't have a White Castle nearby, then the frozen sliders are the next best thing. A lot of other frozen sliders, burgers, and sandwiches are terrible, but these ones normally hold up well through microwaving. They taste better than the alternatives and aren't the most unhealthy thing you can eat. I'd choose these sliders over most other options in the frozen section at the supermarket. Walmart sells them here in San Diego.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I did suspect that they are a little less in quality compared to What I would get at a restaurant, which I guess is understandable. It did taste good to me but I could tell that it was microwaved and was sort of what I imagined to be only leftovers from the night before instead of it tasting freshly cooked, but again, I understand that it is the next best thing and they still taste alright to me.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Agreed, if you have a craving for a White Castle slider and don't have a White Castle nearby, the frozen ones are the closest thing and they're better than most frozen sandwiches.

11. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    The real ones from the restaurant are better but the frozen ones aren't bad and they are super fast and easy to heat uo. Plus as far as a fast food type burger goes. It's not that bad of a health risk compared to many other places.

12. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought these before and really did not like that much. Heating them up takes all of the flavor out and they do not taste nothing like the ones you buy from White Castle. I prefer to just go to the restaurant and buy them. I know that they are freshly made and has lots of flavor.