White Castle Hamburgers Love'Em or Hate "Em

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MrsR • May 13, 2013.

1. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    Who likes White Castle hamburgers? (Also known as Belly Bombers). Usually people really like them or they hate them. They are square shaped and cooked in onions. I love their cheeseburgers and they have good fries too, but I always have to really salt the fries before I eat them. There is a White Castle Restaurant about 20 miles from where I live and I'm not in that town very much. I wish there was one closer because I would love to eat them more often. But I can't eat more than 5 at one time. If I do, my stomach lets me know. (For those of you that don't know, these burgers are small, so 5 is not really very many).

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I love white castle when I'm ridiculously drunk. When I'm sober, though, I'm like "I can definitely do better." I know some people who call them "murder burgers" because after too many it feels like they're murdering your intestines, haha. If I'm drunk enough, though, I won't care.

And no, I don't get drunk all that often, haha.

3. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    That's funny because when I was younger the nearest White Castle was an hour away. On several occasions when a bunch of us were together partying that was the thing to do after a night of drinking. Everybody would pile in a vehicle and head up north to White Castle. I had kind of forgot that until you mentioned it, it had been so long ago. However, I like them just as well when I am sober.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I like White Castle once in a while, their burgers are steamy and oniony. Actually, what I like even more there are their onion rings. Sometimes I will just order those instead of the burgers. I haven't tried any of their other sandwiches though. Thankfully I don't live near one anymore so I don't have to worry about getting carried away with them any more. The closest one to me is over an hour away.

5. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    I personally don't like them; I think they're too greasy and oniony. I much prefer Wendy's hamburgers.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like the White Castle burgers at all. I like lots of lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, and everything else that can be on a burger, and the White Castle ones are just too small to load up with the trimmings and then eat, and when you get them, they come pretty plain. At least the ones that I tried came with just basic stuff on it, and was mainly bread and meat.
    What I like best is Hardee's burgers, but they have really gotten to be expensive, the good ones are about $6, which I think is crazy for a drive through burger ! ! Even their smaller ones are not cheap, but if you are not eating there a lot, it is ok to go and have one of the smaller hamburgers.

7. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    I like them, and I think they taste very good. I like them better from the actual restaraunt though. I know at my grocery store we can buy them in the box, but fresh is always better.

8. Mako45

Mako45New Member

Threads:
    Love them. We have them all over Jersey...never had a problem with them...always hated people calling them murder burgers or White Caskets......they're good anytime.....sober, drunk...doesn't matter....

9. 17emilyhalko

17emilyhalkoMember

Threads:
    Believe it or not, I've never actually eaten a burger in my life. However, I have heard about many unpleasant experiences with the White Castle burgers. Everyone that I know that has tried a White Castle burger has thrown up AT LEAST once because of them. I really just don't trust White Castle in general, though. After all, how can you trust any place that has chicken rings?