White Castle Hamburgers

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by roy835 • Oct 13, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    Some of their food taste really good. And even the hamburgers can taste really really good at times. But for the longest I have been thinking about how very thin those hamburger patties are. Sometimes the patties are so thin that when they remove it from the grill there are holes in the cooked patties. Those have got to be some of the thinnest patties in the fast food business. I dont know how they get away with it for so long. They give you a nice thick bun with the smallest slice of beef that they could include and still be able to call it a hamburger. And then, they gradually raise the price on that stuff. It just amazes me at times to see what many of these fast food services can get away with. They offer very nice sized chicken and fish sandwiches but the really have got to put some more thickness on those hamburger patties.

2. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I had White Castle burgers a couple of weeks ago and I noticed how thin the meat is. I don't see how they get away with it either. It's as if they fill the burger up with onions to cover up the fact that there is barely any meat on the burger. I don't like onions so I take them off the burger. Doing that helped me see how little the burger is without the onions on it.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There isn't much meat, that's true, but I still like them. I think it's a nostalgia thing for me, because we don't have White Castle restaurants where I live now, so I kind of miss them. I can get frozen ones from time to time at certain stores, but I miss going and picking up a bunch to treat my friends. They were the perfect size for my kids when they were little too.

4. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We have a White Castle in the town we live in and I have never even been there! I don't know why, I guess because it's on the other side of town and we just don't get there as much. I have purchased their burgers at our local grocery store, and we all seemed to like them very much, but they are very small. :)

Danyel :)

5. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    For a person that doesn't like meat much, White Castles is a winner. I love their cheeseburgers but they don't love me. They instead make my stomach hurt not long after eating them. They have the nickname "sliders" for a reason, I guess. I like walking into the restaraunts and watch them cook and prepare the burgers through the glass windows.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The holes are in there by design. They don't flip their burgers like others do and from what I understand they do it this way to keep the meat as moist as possible throughout the cooking process. The thinness of the patties probably are also design that way for this reason. I agree that there isn't much meat but in my opinion it's just the right amount for their bread I've never eaten at an actual WC though so I don't know how they price their sliders there but I've bought their frozen burgers and I agree that they are a bit overpriced but they are still pretty good.