Who here is participating in NaNoMo this year?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Esperahol • Nov 4, 2014.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It's been something like three years since I bothered trying, but I think this year is when it finally happens. Which is to say I'm going to reach 50K words and have something like a coherent story at the end of this month. If so that will be the third NaNoMo novel I've finished since I learned about this thing. Anyone else? We can start a support group or something!

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, because of your post, I have just signed up. I did not know about it. Since the only novel I ever wrote took me 2 years, was co-authored, and has been revised once and is in need of a 3rd edition, I do not see how this is going to be possible. But who knows, maybe this is just the thing to get me back on track. The last one left me feeling exhausted and very unmotivated. I am under the same name as my posts, so you can find me there if you have a 'friends' or 'support group' option. Happy writing! Thanks for the tip!

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As much is it is a good idea, I will browse the site and forums as I don't want to add to my current workload. I already put myself under enough pressure and I think it's great to motivate, but as I am in the eighth month of editing a book, I need to finish a project before I start another.

I think writing is one thing, proofing and editing is another thing altogether. I'm sure everyone will support each other, but I already have my ideas what to write and will take my own time.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    You can do it - the point of this month is to just write. Write and write and write - don't worry about plotholes or enormous outlines or anything like that. Write from your heart and you'd be surprised how quickly the words just sort of pile up. I already have over 6K and I've barely started! I'll definitely be looking you up on the site, and you're very welcome for the tip!

December is National Editing Month - November is just for the writing. That said you're already busy so just worry about what you've got on your plate already. Anyway there is always next year!

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks that helps - now I won't worry about spelling errors as much. I must have done something wrong because the confirmation email never came to my junk mail like it said it would. I'm going to try it again and if I still have a problem, I'll write their help desk.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried it before in the past and did not end up finishing- my ambitions were just a little bigger than my motivation at the time. I'm really interested in doing it, but I just feel like I have way too much else on my plate right now between my current workload and health stuff and everything else I have going on. It's a fun challenge though, and maybe next year I'll give it another shot.

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I write, but not novels, so I've never tried to do it, but I've always sent out happy thoughts to the participants as I think it's a rather admirable feat to try. So, I will wish all of you well and encouragement to push through during the middle of the month when you think you are ready to give up.

8. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Each year since 1999 I have been preparing for NaNoWriMo by doing stuffs like purchasing a Novel writing kit. I bought three and online kits that were sold online. I got up to writing two outlines in 2006, but was really having a hard time working on them. I didn't have any PC available with me and I had misplaced my documents in 2009, and I lost all of my files in that year. I was really sad and a bit frustrated about that, but I learned that I could compensate what I lacked in whatever aspect of the writing with my illustrations. My parents and grand parents have always been very happy to talk about my writings, but my writing buddies were pretty mobile so it was really hard to even get used to sitting down and writing stuffs down. I've been checking out their forum for events and stuffs. I'm just really happy if I could pull out an outline and a crazy first draft this year.

9. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I wanted to write for Nano this year, but work load got to me. I have to cancel my plans and focus on work and my financial projects. I am still writing though, not for nano but for income. I did participate last year, but had to stop at 10k words due to sickness. I might consider writing again for that in the near future.