Who here knew that PayPal is really a Singaporean company?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by ExpertAdvice • Oct 22, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    In light of Paypal's new legal agreement, I was pleasantly surprised to know that PayPal is a Singaporean company and not a US company as I always thought, PayPal sent out an email to me which I read and found this out, how many of us knew this before? and what are your thoughts on the new legal arrangements for PayPal; will it affect how you do business with them?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that about PayPal. I have had an account with them for nine years now. I can't say that I'm surprised though. I've never had any problems with them but heard of plenty from others online. Unless there is another company that can provide the same service and has a good reputation, ;). It doesn't bother me.

3. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Perfect @MrsJones, I concur, I haven't been using PayPal for as long as you have, but during the time I have, hitherto, I have had no problems, so I'm generally okay with them, except, I think that they need to widen their base to other countries so other countries can benefit from the services that they other to their American citizens.

4. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:

Take no offense, but did you mean offer? confused:

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Paypal is still owned by Ebay though they split recently so Paypal could take on Apple Pay. Though they may call themselves a Singaporean company [I'd understand why they'd opt to register the company in Singapore] they still are an American company.

What I never knew though was that Elon Musk is a co-founder of Paypal.

p.s I won't ditch Paypal any time soon.

#5Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  6. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a problem with that, as long as they get the job done just as well as any US company would, they can be in any country they like. The customer support is always very good, and gets the job done (save a few times I've gotten less than perfect service but I didn't mind too much. Like I already said, as long as they do the job right they can be anywhere they like.

7. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    Is it really a Singaporean company? I always thought that it was a US company? They always behave like a US company. I would never have known that if you weren't the one to tell me.