Who is using Skrill?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by rossonomous • Apr 9, 2014.

1. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Skrill is another payment gateway, quite similar to Paypal. You can add your bank and perform various tasks such as send and receive money. They have a good customer support team and the website is pretty clean and resourceful.

I'm slowly trying to do more of my trading on this platform rather than Paypal because the support is a lot better.

Anyone else using Skrill?

2. Wolf

WolfNew Member

Threads:
    I've heard about it before because a friend of mine was using it as a payment method for his online gambling. It's not a habit that I like to engage in but he told me that he uses Skrill as an alternative to Paypal because of Paypal's no gambling policy.

In any case, I also heard that they have very good customer support and there are other functions as well that are better than Paypal's.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I heard about Skrill and it reminds me of another payment processor called AlertPay which was very much alike PayPal too. I will have to check this site out as I'm interested to know which countries are allowed to use the service.

4. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I've used Skrill, because back in the days I couldn't use PayPal in my country. Skill is good, but the unfortunate thing is you cannot make money transactions from certain websites, and you cannot buy from some websites. The service is very good, I recommend Skrill.

5. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think Skrill likes me. I tried applying for an account with the company a few months ago for business purposes. They sent me a verification code through regular mail. I input the code on the website and my account was never fully verify. I request another verification code for the second time. The same thing happen with the code being invalid. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but Skrill left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm sticking with PayPal and Google Checkout.

6. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I use it for receiving payments mostly. I think their service is crap actually but their spot exchange rate is less than Paypal. Paypal just robs you if you are transferring money to someone from one currency to another and also throw all kinds of charges like withdrawing to a bank account. They charge you for that? Plus Paypal has a lot of limitations in certain countries.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Skrill account [funny that I still at times confuse Skrill a.k.a Moneybookers with Payoneer]. At the time I registered, Skrill was just starting out so I was a little wary of using them to receive payments. I've heard some good things about them but since Paypal works just fine for me, unless they limit my account again, I'll stick with them.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard of skrill but don't have any experience with them. It seems (like many things, I suppose) that the experiences people are having are pretty mixed. I know a lot of people don't care for it, and say the custom support leaves a lot to be desired, but I've never had a problem with paypal personally.