Who is your favorite Disney Princess?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by chiofthenorns • Dec 14, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    My boyfriend and I are trying to decide which Disney movie to watch tonight. I suggested Beauty and the Beast because I love Belle. Who is your favorite Disney princess? I also love Ariel, but ever since I read the original story, I feel very sad whenever I watch The Little Mermaid.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your question made me realize that I really haven't watched any Disney movie that featured a prince and princess. I have only watched the ones that featured animals and inanimate objects, like The Lion King, Cars, etc. I like Fiona from Shrek, but it's a DreamWorks movie.

#2Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  3. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I think that my favorite disney princess is belle from beauty and the beast. I really like that story.

4. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    It's between Belle and Ariel for me. I also have a very special place in my heart for Mulan!

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    As an Asian I'm inclined to say Mulan! I'd say that her story was less fairy-tale and much more unique compared to the many other Disney films.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As a fan of everything Asian, I'm going with Mulan. I love how tough she is. I like the fact that she's kind of a warrior and not one of those weak women who waits to be saved.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Belle, Aurora and Anna (from Frozen). If I had to choose I think it would be Anna just because she isn't as polished and perfect as the other ones - she is real, clumsy and funny. Even though Frozen is recent and the other ones are classic movies out for ages, I still have gotten pretty smitten by it because they don't portray princesses as perfect and unattainable girls.

8. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Growing up, i think I was more aware of Ariel compared to other disney Princesses. I think it has something to do with a fact that i have a friend who played Ariel in some theater play. Anyways, i always admire Ariel's love for her prince and how she would do anything just for him including sacrificing her own family just to be with him. I think it's sweet. :p

9. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have the hots for Elsa. Lol. She's not actually a princess though. She's technically a queen. But man, look at her, she's definitely hawt!

[​IMG]

Aside from her hotness, I also like that she's powerful (she's got some cool icy powers) yet kind and full of love. And, I also adore her voice. Let It Go has to be my favorite Disney song of all time now.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Ariel as well. When I was still a kid, she was the princess I liked the most. The Disney rendition of Little Mermaid was pretty much a happy ending so I could just choose to place all my hopes on this version rather than on the original one (if it was that heartbreaking to read, anyway). Merida from Brave is quite amusing and interesting. We have the same hair and I can relate with her personality, so she's my current favorite.

11. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I love Anna from Frozen! She's quirky and hopeful and courageous and funny and all, and she takes no shit from nobody when she's got her heart in it, even though she initially falls for the wrong guy. I like Belle too, and Rapunzel. If you like Disney movies, you should give the series Once Upon a Time a try. The way Snow White meets her Prince Charming is absolutely adorable! And every character becomes very interesting. :)

Also special love to Mulan.

12. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    As a kid my favorite princess was Belle. Now I really like Elsa (she's not really a princess) because I feel a lot of us can relate to that character and the movie Frozen. From a character design perspective I love Merida from Brave. It's clear she's from Pixar and not the main Disney studio, she's not as pretty and flawless and her proportions aren't so exaggerated. What I really like about her design is the hair, in the movie the curls are so messy and realistic, kinda like my hair would be if I didn't have modern products. How detailed her hair is animated is so amazing.