Wholesale clothing online

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Leasel • Jun 6, 2013.

1. Leasel

LeaselNew Member

Threads:
    I don't know if any of you have come across this website before, but recently a friend suggested I buy clothes at

because you can buy them at wholesale prices. I've looked over the site recently, and it looks like they actually have a lot to offer. There are a lot of options and the prices are absolutely dirt cheap. The clothes are coming from China, but the shipping rates they've listed seem pretty cheap for international rates as well. The only real down side seems to be that they don't have a variety of sizes - I'm lucky enough to be the typical size they offer, but many of their clothes only come in one size and absolutely none of their bras come in my size.

I'd like to try ordering from this company (just a couple of things to see what the quality of the clothing actually is), but I'm a bit skeptical, and they don't accept returns for the sizing being off or anything like that. Has anyone had any experience with them, or know someone who has? I'd like to know what to expect if I decide to order something from them. Also, if you have had experience with them, can you tell me how well the clothes fit? Sizing is probably my biggest concern, as I am tall, and not a lot of clothing fits me well.

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The brands I buy are not available at wholesale prices, unfortunately. The big Chinese companies are making huge profits and they can afford to offer free worldwide delivery.

I would certainly take advantage if the brands I liked were on offer but that's unlikely. You also need to wary of counterfeit goods coming from China.

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Now that does sound quite affordable. The sizes may be the only issue. Looks like the clothing is mainly targeted toward the small made Chinese women. I am sure it would be worth the try.

4. jitenrajput9

jitenrajput9New Member

Threads:
    You are right Sharjee, Many online stores are available on the web who offers low price apparels and must accept that they have wide range of designs. Today online stores are the best option to buy fashion apparels and you will save time and money as well.

5. dafriend

dafriendNew Member

Threads:
    interesting concept... i dont know if I would personally go for something like that though...

6. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    Well i'd prefer purchasing in retail rather than wholesale..i don't have some kind of clothes store..but i will have a look into that..

7. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Seems like a really good website however I never seemed to just take the chance and order clothing from these companies. I always feel like I would be ripped off so I just wait for those big annual sales at stores like nordstrom and Macy's.
    They have quality clothing that I normally get for around ten dollars with their monthly 20 percent off coupon.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are lots of Chinese companies which ship wholesale. Many of the stores in Europe and the US buy wholesale from China. I recently tried to buy a single order from a wholesale company in China but they weren't interested. The prices for wholesale are so much cheaper, it's basically half price.

9. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I wanted to shop from the Chinese online wholesale stores but I know the issues they have with returns, and some of the times the sizes are off and their stuff isn't always well made. I know their prices are good though and most offer free shipping, but I don't think that I can trust them.

10. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    I've actually bought stuff from sammydress and got delivered to me. The quality wasn't great but I didn't mind considering the price. But I think you can find the same items cheaper if you search for the names in aliexpress. Just be careful to read all the reviews and choose items that were ordered and received a lot and you will be fine. Hope you save a lot!

11. sundyd

sundydNew Member

Threads:
    Buying wholesale clothing is something I have done in the past. I bought from a company here in the United States though. I had to buy multiple sizes in each item that I ordered, but I was trying this out to see if I could make money selling clothing on EBay. I ordered clothing that I liked, and I would add them to my own wardrobe. I would, then, turn around and sell the rest online making money. I was able to accomplish two goals. I increased my wardrobe considerably, and at the same time made a profit. It has been about five years since I last ordered wholesale, so I don't know if I would see the same success presently.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

I know of

and I'm sorry to be the deliverer of bad news! If you look at the site, the clothes are quite cute, and the prices very low. There's a reason for that! If you do a search of the reviews, you'll find quite a lot of horror stories about SammyDress and its type, mainly around the bad quality of the items and non-delivery. I too liked it on sight, but luckily, I never committed to a purchase because I've been stung before by one like it. So i did my research and backed right off on seeing the reviews. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they're one and the same site :(

13. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen that site before but I haven't ordered from them. They have a huge selection of clothes. I never got to finish browsing the site just because there are too many choices! I think they are a reputable site as I've seen bloggers promoting them. These are pretty popular bloggers in my country so I don't think they will risk their reputation with a scamming site. You really have to choose carefully through the selections though and be warned that quality may not be that great with this site as it is with all sites.

Wholesale clothes shopping can save you a lot of money. You can also earn from it by selling the clothes offline. Not all people are computer savvy so not all people know how to shop online. Much like my mother or aunts. So selling these clothes offline is a great way to make money.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Leasel@Leasel...

All I can say is, before you buy, do your homework and do it work. There can't be smoke without fire! SammyDress has way too many complaints for it to be a decent site, and a lot of the complaints come out of the UK/US. I've attached a few links, so take your pick.