Why are Chrysler products always the cheapest used cars

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by artifactsofmars • Jun 28, 2012.

1. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    My last 4 or 5 cars have been the same thing (one larger one lasted only a couple of months). I went looking for a used vehicle and almost every time the cheapest one is a Chrysler front wheel drive 4 cylinder junk car. Does anyone know why the Chryslers always seem to be the cheapest used car on the lot? Is it just that they are basically junk cars or is there another reason? I never can seem to get the kind of car I want. If I had money I certainly would of course.

2. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    My mother used to have a Chrysler and it was a dud. It was always broken! When we took it to trade in for a new car, the dealership (she got a Toyota) said Chryslers have the worst ratings because they don't last and a lot of them are never even assembled properly so the engine, brakes, etc. give out and cost the owner a lot of $$$.

3. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the information. My brother used to race stock cars and he told me that the only use that he had for Chrysler products was that the bodies could be jacked up or something like that. I am not a mechanic so I will have to leave it like that. He said other than that that he would not even touch a Chrysler. He was good mechanically, always fixing cars for people. I break cars by contrast.

4. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    Well Chrysler makes Jeep and I had one for 5 years and it drove beautifully. Jeep Cherokees drive like cars and not trucks. They are easy to handle and the car was great. I would not have an issue recommending Jeep Cherokee from Chrysler to anyone. I cannot comment about other models that Chrysler makes, but I have seen some of their crappy mini vans and I do not care for the look.

My first car was a Honda. My dad insisted I get one because they great and last forever because they are beasts. Well, the car needed a lot of repairs during its life, and the repairs were not cheap because it is a foreign car. So apparently repairs on a Ford or Chrysler would be less expensive.

I think overall when buying a used car it may be best to invest more initially so you will not have to deal with costly repairs, or crappy cars made by Chrysler. My experience with Honda was horrid. I will never drive a Honda again.

5. Svoboda

SvobodaNew Member

Threads:
    Sub par build quality, electrical problems and poor fit/finish are a couple I can vouch for. Had a 2001 Sebring LXi and had nothing but problems with it. Was a looker, but when one thing went bad, it seemed to cause 2-3 more.