Why Are There No Breakfast Choices In Mcdonald's Pick 2 Menu?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by mythman • Mar 11, 2016.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I got an email from McDonald's restaurants today, with a link encouraging me to '

'---wait a minute, no; there's no 'combo-food,' just 'sandwiches' or 'chicken nuggets'!

I ... I don't know. Maybe the deal is better for families and other groups that might order 'more than one main-course.'

But ... What about breakfast! How can they make a big deal out of 'how they serve breakfast-foods all day' (although the McDonald's I usually eat-at only has '4 main-courses' on that menu---no hash-browns or coffee offered on that menu), and then NOT make at least one of the Pick 2 choices a breakfast-food?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would suspect it might have something to do with the food costs possibly being higher for the breakfast menu items. For example, I read recently that McDonald's switched over to using real butter instead of margarine in their food. The cost of fresh eggs could also be another reason, vs. stuff like their burger patties and chicken patties which can be frozen and stored for many more months.

There also might be an issue with how long it takes to make the breakfast items vs. some of their other value menu items. One of the things I've been hearing often online is that the franchise owners were angry with McDonald's decision to do all day breakfasts, because they said it was too much of a strain on their regular daily service.