Why Buy When You Can Trade?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by LaWaughn • Nov 19, 2013.

1. LaWaughn

LaWaughnNew Member

Threads:
    You want Coach? You want Juicy Couture? Make a Tiffany Bracelet? You can have all of those brands plus more by simply trading you stuff for other peoples stuff. Listia allows you to post there items for free. Other members will bid on your items using credits. Those credits can be used to buy designer handbags, children's clothing, gift cards, jewelry and other great items. This really comes in Handy around the holidays.

Listia uses an auction system. You can set the days for the time you want your auction to last. The longer the days the auction is listed the more page views your auction will receive.

After the auction you will mail your item to the winning bidders physical address using your own funds. This evens out when you bid on items and they send you your winning item using their funds.

You can find a little bit of everything on Listia. The key at first is to list light weight items at first and build up your credits.

Listia encourages users to only list authentic name brand items. Some users make a living on sell designer brands and will call a user out is something fake is posted. The Listia admin is all on the prowl and will delete a listing for fake name brand items.

They offer a Get It Now option or as usually called GIN. Hot items on the site don't last long. They are Ginned within hours.

New members get a started amount of credits so they can test the site out without listing anything first. Give it a try. Listia has something for everyone.

2. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Cool!!! This is the first time I'm hearing of this company. I will try it out. So what happens if the person doesn't send you the bag you won? Is there a way to make sure you won't get jipped? How do you get the credits you mentioned, the ones needed to bid on an item? Do you have to put money in your account to get credits?

3. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting. It seems like a fun and unique way to trade items. It's worth looking into.

4. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    Sounds like an awesome way to get some savings going. I guess there's no limit to what you can trade because you only mentioned the things for sale have to be branded right?

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Looks like we're heading back to the good old days when barter trade was how people obtained goods. I'll visit the site and see how it works though I'm still confused about the 'credits.' What's the value of a credit in $?

6. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard of this site before but never trade. I'll have to take a closer look at it and see if it is a viable option.

Thanks for posting it!

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Sounds like a good idea. Although this stuff is rare these days. I guess people could do it for fun during a garage sale!

8. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    Looks like fun! Personally, I grow pretty attached to all my clothing so I don't know if I'll be willing to trade them off. But, it does look perfect for clothes that don't fit anymore!

9. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    That sounds neat the only problem is I don't have things people would want lol. It seems like a cool concept though for sure. It would also help prevent people from throwing things away that they don't want.

10. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    I will check Listia out soon. I have been using Poshmark, which allows trading, but also gives us the opportunity to sell our used clothes to interested buyers. I've had excellent selling and buying experiences with Poshmark, and have really enjoyed the chance to consignment shop at home. Poshmark takes only 20% of the total, and the buyer is responsible for shipping costs. It's a way better deal than using actual consignment stores like Buffalo Exchange or Crossroads Trading Company (who both take over 65%).

11. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Although the idea of trading is not historically new to me, I've only read up on very outstanding trades online. Because these trades are outstanding I guess they made the news... :). Online trades such as the one we are discussing here is a great idea. I have traded some collectibles of stationary items like scented paper, envelopes and greeting cards. The idea of earning credits is a fairly new element of trading. Can't remember having earned credits for trading and online bidding. I'm going to check the website and see how people are trading things in Listia.

12. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I Listia and have been on it for years! I love to earn free points from watching videos or doing surveys. Those free points have got me earrings for my mom, gifts for my family and decorations for Christmas and birthdays. So much fun on the site!

13. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that sounds like something that would be awesome to try out. I might have to look into something like that. I mean do like designer stuff, I just don't like paying for it. I'm sure that there would be something on there for everyone, which is it's so good. I would have to check out the site more just to see more about it

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never tried this and I'm not sure it's available in my country but it does sound like a neat idea. The only thing I'd worry about is getting a knock off since fake items nowadays are very well made and it's very hard to tell them apart from original items, and some of them even get the packaging on point including all the paperwork included. Not to mention it's probably a little harder to tell from pictures alone, but if the site has found a way to minimize the risk then I guess it's okay.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why buy when one can trade? Lol. Because I want things that are brand new most of the time. I am someone who can be extremely sensitive to energy. I don't like to own things that have been handled by another, as far as them owning it. I would rather pay for a new item.

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing :) This sounds like a neat site, if you're into that sort of thing. I know that this sort of thing has been growing in popularity at an alarming rate over recent years. But I have to agree with DreekLass, I'm not too big on pre-owned stuff either. Well, at least not enough to get into this. I'm not that fussed if I can see the stuff, touch and feel it for my own peace of mind. Overall I also prefer brand, spanking new.