Why can't game companies understand..?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Esperahol • Oct 18, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    That I really would prefer to get games all year versus in one big lump between October and March. Really there are like 12 months in a year - spread them out guys. I can afford to buy more if I have a chance to get my money right between purchases. I can't do that if everything comes out at the exact same time, nor can most people. I mean yes - Christmas/Income Tax, but really guys? Really?

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Uh, I'm pretty sure they don't just do that for kicks, man. There is a lot of marketing involved, so there is a pretty good reason why they are doing what they are doing. Plus.. they are competing, so, if it comes all out at once.. that's exactly what they want.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Christmas is the reason! They know a lot of parents will be buying games as gifts. I get a double whammy because my son's birthday is on Halloween and he is a big time gamer. I usually end up paying full price for at least two, usually more, games because of it. We try to determine which ones are really worth getting and wait until later to get other ones when their prices drop.

4. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Well to do that they would be seriously losing out on sales. Christmas time and just after is the most busiest time for store/shop sales and every company out there wants a piece of the action when everyone does their shopping. It's just how every company works near enough not just game companies.

5. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I guess they have made ​​hundreds of market research and this is what is best for them. In addition,the holidays coincide with the end of the business year, and this should be a situation that they must reconcile with their volumes of stock and income. Perhaps the reason is simpler than we think, but we'll never know. Anyway, I agree with your comment. I think the offer should be more balanced and extended throughout the year. There is always a "hunger" for buy new games, not only in those "key months".

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I kind of agree with everything in this thread so far. Yeah, it kind of sucks when everything comes out during those months. At the same time, I understand why they do it. Those are prime product buying times and if they want to sell a lot of games, that's when they need to compete.

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    The problem with this idea is that games costs $60 a pop - so if you dump 30 high profile games in the market you can only hope you collect something back on it. It doesn't matter if its Christmas pass a certain point, because Christmas means buying for many people rather than just one. So you have a budget of $180 - are you really going to drop a third of that on just one person nevermind tax? Even with Income Tax rebates people are paying bills and buying for the times of lean - they don't have the extra for that absurd $60. I mean for a time there was no such thing as layaway - so really something that expensive wasn't likely to get play outside of bargain bins and college kids inappropriately spending government grants. That's why I'm complaining, because from a strictly business point of view it really is stupid to dump all your eggs in one basket and hope for the best.