Why Coupons?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Denis Hard • Sep 6, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some people believe marketers use coupons as bait to lure you in to do more shopping. I use coupons only occasionally so I don't think I'd be enticed to go shopping because I clipped a number of coupons.

Coupons sometimes make people to go shopping in order to get a good deal even though they never planned on buying anything for a bit of time. But to be honest, I don't know if this is true because I've never been the situation where I had to choose to go shopping before a coupon expires.

Well? Are coupons great all the way or their 'couponing' pitfalls one must avoid?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only pitfall of using coupons is buying products you don't want just because they're a good deal. I saw a couponer on TV buy couscous with coupons. She admitted that she doesn't eat couscous, so it's a waste that she bought 200 boxes of it.

When I use coupons, I make sure to buy products that my family uses and likes, so I always come out ahead with coupons. Even if I use one coupon for $2 off, as long and it's a product we use, I'm still $2 better off than I would be without that coupon.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Coupons are good, both instore and online. Some stores will double and triple coupons and I ended up paying about $1 for my Pepperidge Farm Cookies as it was Buy one get one free as well. I only use them if they are items I already use and not usually to try a new product unless it is practically free (which some do), so I use the ones in CVS as they always have good offers and sometimes I end up not paying anything with my Extrabucks rewards. CVS often give coupons for free items too like a candy bar or paper towels for a particular week, so some coupons are worth it.