Why Did Taco Bell Jack Up Their Prices So Much?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Nov 13, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently stopped by Taco Bell to grab one of their Cantina buritos (steak) and a small soda - and the total came out to be over $7.00 for just that. The burrito itself was $4.99, but then I realized that they charged me $1.98 for a SMALL soda! You can buy a whole two liter for less than that. The burrito itself wasn't even that big, and not very filling. What a ripoff. To make matters worse, they make their menu so hard to read to find stuff like their cheaper items, or the prices of their beverages. So you not only end up ordering the more prominently displayed (and more expensive) items because you're in a hurry, they then screw you over by ridiculously overcharging you for a small soda.

I could have gotten a burrito at Chipotle that was nearly twice the size and with much better quality ingredients.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go to Taco Bell much. I actually prefer Taco Cabana, and it sounds as if Taco Cabana is cheaper, too. If you have one in your area, check it out, they usually send coupons in the mail. That's outrageous for a burrito, especially considering it's Taco Bell. I have a friend who seems to think Taco Bell is upscale, but it's usually my last choice, because they've always been expensive. The cost of meat, cheese and eggs have risen, but that's way too high, and it's always irked me how much places charge for soda. I rarely get soda at fast food places. I always carry water with me, and just buy the food and drink my water.

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Not sure where you live but in L.A., they are just one of many greasy spoons. More places are beginning to offer better tasting food for less and some are even open late. Jack in the box no longer has cute commercials or that one item that's hard to resist.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't have a Taco Bell in Botswana, but what I can tell you is that we've noticed that all retailers are at it! From week to week we helplessly observe prices shooting up, and it's just shocking! I think economies the world over are still struggling to recover from the financial crisis perhaps more than we're led to believe. I believe there's threat of a bigger, more damaging crisis looming, or at least that's what the 'experts' have been quoted saying.