Why did you choose your avatar?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by justusforus • Sep 21, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I see a lot of different avatars. When I was searching for a picture from my computer, I ran across a picture of a tofu sanwich on whole wheat with provolone chees and tomato. I was telling a friend about a new market I found and that I was making tofu to which she replied "yuck". I sent her the picture and she said "wow, looks good" and afterwards she loved the market (and yes tried tofu),

Is there a story to your avatar?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I chose mine because I love the ridiculous lol. I will never post personal pictures of myself or my family online.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I chose mine because my daughter and I like the video games in the Dead or Alive /Ninja Gaiden franchise. I like that the ninja Kasumi (my avatar) is finally being included in the most recent Ninja Gaiden game.
    Kasumi looks cute but can beat the hell out of men three times her size.

4. pxyc

pxycNew Member

Threads:
    I chose mine because sloths are the best animal in existence. I'm considering changing mine to Smitty Werbenjagermanjenson but I don't know...sloths or Smitty? That's a tough one.

5. fishbowl

fishbowlNew Member

Threads:
    You know, I have no idea. Ever since I've found this picture I can't really stop laughing whenever I look at it. I don't understand where it came from. I don't know why she's got so much spaghetti in her mouth. Her deer-in-the-headlights expression looks like she was stealing someone's spaghetti and got caught.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely the sloth.. I want one so bad! lol..

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I picked a picture of me as my avatar because I have always done since to show I am a real person, I started doing it when promoting my blogs and have just carried it into other areas online.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My avatar is a picture of one of my favorite TV characters on Leverage. My username is my other favorite on the same show.

9. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I chose mine because I love cats. I have always owned at least one. I currently own two of them. I am a big time animal lover. I have two dogs in addition to my cats. Surprisingly, they all get along fine together.

10. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I like the color orange and I thought it was pretty. That's all! Lol

11. dannyluke

dannylukeNew Member

Threads:
    My avatar shows actor Charlie Hunnam. Obviously, I like the guy. He is an amazing actor. I first saw him in Sons of Anarchy, his most popular work to date.

12. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    I chose mine because in spite of multiple attempts I couldn't upload a custom avatar. So, I got annoyed and chose one that seemed appropriately ridiculous. :D

13. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is me standing at the top of one of my favourite spots in Brighton hills near where I live. It overlooks the sea in one direction and vast countryside in the other.

14. x0MandyLynn0x

x0MandyLynn0xNew Member

Threads:
    Not sure, I figured why not add a picture of myself as my avatar. I notice that normally people will post a nature picture, a celebrity, or animals etc. I didn't feel like searching the internet for something to use. Guess that would be me lazy. I don't know about other people out there, but I like it when people actually upload a photo of themselves to share as their avatar more. So, I guess since I like it. I figured maybe others will? And appreciate that I shared mine. I don't know..I suppose some just choose to share different avatars for different reasons.

15. pxyc

pxycNew Member

Threads:
    Changed mine to Smitty Warben Jagermanjenson, because he was #1!

16. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I picked a picture because it was cute! The picture is a picture of my cat. He is very odd, and I never know what he is going to be doing. One day I walked by, and I saw him just sitting there. What a goofball!

17. Cel

CelNew Member

Threads:
    Because it's completely original, personal to myself, and it provokes curiosity ;)

18. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I used to love Holly Hobby when I was a girl.... I guess my avatar reminded me of Holly....

19. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Because it's pretty much me. Staring at a computer screen at the night being my only light source, with a cup of coffee in one hand and the mouse on the other.

20. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I choose my avatar since I find it funny. this is a japanese cartoon character where he just pop something out in his pocket and get something useful they need in every situation. the name of the show is doraemon, you guys must have heard of it. :D