Why Doesn't Facebook's Auto-Fill Leave 'Mom' Up when I Type It In?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by mythman • Jul 31, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know about your Facebook, but my

has a feature (on most status- & comment-forms) that automatically suggests friends & groups & sites when you start a word with a capital letter, which it then completes & links-to when you select it.

(i.e. If I'm a Facebook-friend of yours & you type "Jas" into a comment- or status-form, my name will pop-up on a drop-down menu for you to select & let Facebook automatically finish & -link-to)

It also does that for family-members---filling-in my brother's info when I type "Bro;" sister's when I type "Sis." But then (as when I write "aunt," "mom," "daughter" etc.)

But Facebook doesn't place any notice of that person's relationship to the writer. Why not?

2. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe it only works with "Mother"? I'm not sure and I can't really test it, because my mom doesn't have Facebook, but that would be my guess. No idea, why aunt and daughter shouldn't work though.

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    Did you Capitalize them? coz I think that's how the auto-fill feature works; you start typing in a name/relationship, it starts to find `em for ya.