Why Haven't You Bought A New Generation Console?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Apr 30, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This question is mostly for those who have not yet bought either an Xbox One or a PS4. but if you have, feel free to still share your thoughts on why you felt the need to buy it this early anyway.

For those who haven't bought either one, I want to know of your reasons as to why you haven't yet, and what would make you feel more compelled to get one.

Personally, I just don't see much reason in buying it just to play one or two games that I'm only slightly interested in. The ones I was looking forward to like Watch Dogs and Drive Club have gotten delayed, and even then, only two games I like doesn't really sound like an appealing enough reason for me to obsessively want the new gen consoles. I'm also partly waiting for the price to go down, but I could definitely ignore my cheap side of thinking if they made it tempting enough.

How about you guys, why haven't you bought one of the new generation consoles?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Price!

Really, I don't have time to really play games any more anyway, but even if I did, I lean more toward PC games now. And investing in a new console for very limited use just isn't really my style. I wouldn't mind getting a new one at some point, but not until the prices come down!

3. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    I'm in now hurry. I have a PS3 and Xbox 360. But I just don't have time to play those, so there's really no reason to the get latest/greatest. When I do have time to play a game anymore, it's me grabbing my iPhone or iPad and playing on those. There are some great online/multiplayer games on them that I can play also.
    Did I mention, I'd wait for the price to drop another $100 also?

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly because I'm getting too old to play it often enough. I simply wouldn't make enough use of it for it to be a worthwhile purchase. I rarely play the PS3, so I would basically never get use out of the PS4. Maybe if I had loads of money I would get it, but the high price just makes it not worthwhile.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not yet willing to pay good money for consoles that have little games I want to play. So I choose to wait. By the end of the year the prices will drop, games will be released and buying a console will be a much better purchase. Plus, I usually buy both consoles (XBox and PS) so it's not hard to imagine why I wait for a price drop.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I think its still pretty young, yes its been out for almost a year now, but the thing is, I don't think both consoles have showcased their full potential yet. Also the price is a bit too high still, I think I'll wait a good year or two before choosing my console and besides the games don't really entice me that much.

7. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    It's just too expensive! I planned on buying the PS4, mainly to play all the PS3 games that I haven't been able to play (I never bought a PS3) but then I found out that the PS4 isn't backwards compatible, so I've decided to buy a PS3 off of eBay. PS3's now only cost about 170, versus the 500 hundred whatever it is for a PS4.

8. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Generally, it comes down to two things when looking at buying a console for me. What is the price and what games are available for the system? I don't mind waiting a bit for a system to drop in price before buying it. However, I bought my Wii the day it came out because it had all sorts of great games that came out with it.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The new generation consoles don't seem appealing enough to be worth the money. I'm sure there are games with the new consoles that are good but in general, what I have is fine. I just got PS3 not too long ago and it does enough of what I want to do. The only issue I have with it is it seems like every time I turn it on there is an update.

10. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I think the main factor is that the new consoles are still rather fully priced. Also, there aren't many games right now that warrant a purchase. Besides, early consoles are mostly riddled with issues and errors so it's best to wait for the second or third revision before purchasing. Plus, they will get cheaper as time goes.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I just don't have much time for gaming anymore. I am afraid if I take one, I might just be again hooked up on it. So I will get destructed. I don't see myself buying now, not even in the near future. But I am not discarding the chance of me buying, because I really like games.

12. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I would definitely have to say because of the price. We have an Xbox360 and an Wii in our family room at the moment. However, it would be nice to upgrade those systems. I would like to have an Xbox One but can't really afford one right now.

13. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    PS4 or Xbone doesn't offer a different enough experience from PC to me. A lot of their games are multi-platform and I like having better performance and more control over how I play. No way am I going to pay monthly to play online either.

I've want a Wii U since it's a little more unique but I wish everything was on PC. :p