Why Would You Spend Time on Tom Hanks' Typewriter-Sounds App?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by mythman • Aug 19, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:

that Tom Hanks is selling an app that makes your device sound like an antique-typewriter (thwack-thwack sounds on every keystroke, the "DING-clunk-fripp" with every ENTER).

Why on earth would you ... (looking at the article) ... Hanks says the cacophony "personalizes the experience ... & really annoys folks at the coffee-house." Is that free (before upgrades) app WORTH the time it takes to add-on?

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard before that Tom Hanks is a huge fan of those old typewriters that do lots of noise, but this app really seems completely useless.
    It might be a fun novelty for the free version but I can't see anyone spending money on this.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are lots of apps that are useless but are worth a try.

for instance... This is a free app that kinda makes your screen appear like it is cracked. It could fool your friends for probably a second or two. After that, it's completely useless.

There's also an app that makes your screen look all misty and foggy if you blow on it. Kinda useless but it's cool.

So for the app of Tom Hanks, probably some people would download it just for fun. Maybe I would. But I definitely won't dish out money for it.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember reading that he was releasing an app that makes the old typewriter sounds. It's a bit of nostalgia. I remember learning how to type on an electric typewriter in high school. Uselessness is in the eye of the beholder. I think a lot of games are useless, but then I'm not really a gamer.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This actually sounds kind of interesting to me. I'd probably get it though I don't think I'd pay for it. It would certainly make typing on my tablet a lot more interesting and considering I do type on it a lot I'd probably be getting a lot of use out of it. Though I don't know how good I'd feel ant it if I had to hear the noise constantly, but I think it will be soothing and charming in a nostalgic way. I'll be checking this out very soon thanks for sharing.