wii fit

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by alahnna • Mar 6, 2014.

1. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I've seen many people claim they are following the Wii Fit or keeping active doing things on the Wii Fit. I have one myself and I did do some of the exercises here and there, but have slacked off. I find I prefer to get out into fresh air and work out with others, or go for a walk. I find I got better results when I went out of The House as well. So do you think there's something to that? I can see how it would be good for people who live in the city and can't always go out for exercise. Do you think you get better results going out of the house for exercise than staying in and using things like a video game ot DVD workout?

2. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    I have a wii fit for awhile too, but I found that it wasn't enough of a work out. I also prefer to leave my house to workout. I think that the wii would work better for someone who doesn't lead an active lifestyle at all. Even before I bought the wii fit, I sometimes went to the gym and walked and I also played soccer. For someone who does not physical activity, the wii fit would definitely help them!

3. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    I've had a Wii Fit for years and still use it regularly. Its great fun and a great way to burn some calories as well. It might not be as effective as a real run for weight loss but it is equipped with some built in weight monitoring features and I use it to weigh myself a lot. It's a shame there is a lack of games being produced for it.

4. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    Guru, I liked the built in weight monitoring features as well at first. Then after a few days, I realized it was measuring me at about 20 pounds OVER what I actually do weigh! That kind of put a damper on it for me, I wasn't happy lol. I enjoy the balance games the most and the step aerobics. We would have balance contests with the bubble game and we'd spend many frustrating hours trying to beat each other's scores. I am pleased to say I am currently still in first place at the moment :eek:

5. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    I mostly use the Wii Fit for the fun of it rather than burning calories and keeping fit. I use it to weigh myself but I don't think there are any games on it that are worth using to burn calories. I would much rather go out on a run or play a sport like soccer. It is a good way of having fun and burning some calories though, one of the main reasons it was a success.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Someone on another forum I beong to mentioned doing their exercises with a Wii, and although I have heard of one before, I have no real idea what one is or how it works. Does anyone have experience with using a Wii for exercise, and if so, does it cost a lot to have and use one of these ?
    Is it something that could be used by an older person such as myself, or only by someone young and with good balance ?

7. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well it is not as great as I thought it would be, but in terms of providing a new way to work out, it is nice to have. I would not recommend it as a replacement for anything or as an ends in itself, but a nice little addition to switch things up every once in a while. They really did not develop it as much as they could have, in my opinion at least. Good stuff, though, and thanks for sharing.