Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Mar 7, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The next generation of gaming is here and it's in served in 3 different consoles - the Wii U, the PS4 and the Xbox One. We all know that the PS4 and the Xbox One are leaps and bounds more powerful than the Wii U. But the Wii U is the cheaper of the bunch and so far has more games in its library. But the PS4 and the Xbox One are just getting started and a lot of games and exclusives are coming in the next couple of months. Which among the three do you think would win the console war?

2. emilyrose93

emilyrose93Member

Threads:
    I think the Wii U will drop out early. I think as far as serious "gamers" go, it's not really relevant. It's really only for party/social gaming. I did really want to try that Zombies game though, but I'm not going to buy a Wii U just for that! Eventually it'll come down to the X-Box One and PS4, but I don't see the need for there to be a "winner". People will always have one console they prefer over the other. People who had the X-Box 360 will upgrade to the X-Box One, and people who had the PS3 will upgrade to the PS4. I just wish there weren't exclusive games for each console - I know it's designed to make you want to buy that console, but it just ends up being annoying. I had a PS3 and my boyfriend has an X-Box, and there's games I wish I could recommend to him but I can't because they're PS3 exclusive.

3. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    The Wii U is doing poorly but it's my winner because it's different. Its games are more unique and many PS4 and Xbone games are on the PC too. The PS4 and Xbone didn't have any amazing launch titles and they were already outdated compared to PCs when released. I bring this up because companies use words like next-gen when they're obviously not and try to show off graphical capabilities even though their games run at 30fps and some aren't even displayed in 1080p. The PS4 is a little more powerful than the Xbone but I hate how Sony lies about its power with phony demonstrations and words. When the Xbone was requiring kinect and a 24/7 internet connection the PS4 received a lot of undeserved praise just because it wouldn't require these things which, shouldn't have been there in the first place. There just aren't enough good games out for PS4 and Xbone. I think this is the worst generation of consoles.

#3Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  4. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I think the Wii U is in a different category to be honest. You see very serious gamers playing the Wii U other than for one or two exclusives. Between the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, I'd have to say the PlayStation 4. Microsoft handled marketing horribly against Sony. The "always need to be connected" feature lost them a lot of support, as well as the DRM issues. Even if they dropped the DRM halfway to release day, they still lost many buyers. As for exclusives Sony has the Last of Us as well as Uncharted and several others, Microsoft's exclusives have kind of shipwrecked, Halo has been going downhill for a long while, the last Gears of War was a flop. My money is on the PS4, but there is never a true "winner"

5. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    The PS4 and the Xbox One are very similar minus some small differences and the price tag. Most games are coming out for both. Ultimately, I would choose the console that your friends are getting. My friends are all getting the Xbox One which makes me lean towards the Xbox. Plus Xbox exclusive Titanfall looks amazing!