Will You Be Upgrading To Windows 10?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by RapidRaven • May 11, 2015.

1. RapidRaven

RapidRavenMember

Threads:
    Once Microsoft officially releases Windows 10, will you be upgrading to it? I am quite interested at the new features provided, especially DirectX 12, the improved security layer, and the more unified user experience.

Though, I'll probably hold off for a year, so that Microsoft can patch out the inevitable launch-month bugs and glitches that crop up. Windows 7 is still holding up nicely here, and works great with most applications. Hopefully Windows 10 turns up better than Windows 8.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There was nothing that wrong with Windows 8, despite what a lot of people seem to think. It's something that grew to a fever pitch, but most users are OK with Windows 8 and 8.1. Windows 10 should be even better than 7/8, though, and I suggest that you upgrade sooner rather than later. Microsoft has been heavily testing the operating system with preview builds and taking feedback from users. Bugs should be far and few between.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only experience that I have ever had with Windows 8 is the smartphone version. It is awkward and hard to use, in my opinion. I really liked Windows XP, and then I had to readjust to Windows 7. I really don't want to have to make the leap to Windows 10 until I absolutely have to, to be honest.

4. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I heard from a tech savvy friend that Windows 10 will be the last Windows. Obviously Microsoft isn't going anywhere, they will just continue to update Windows 10. If that is true, I'm very interested. Regardless, my tech savvy friend seemed very excited about the new security features, so I should probably upgrade when I can.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've already followed the process to get an automatic upgrade to Windows 10 as soon as it becomes available. Microsoft are giving a free upgrade to everyone with Windows 7 & 8, all you need to do is register.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too, it's free so why not? I don't hate Windows 8. It just takes some getting used to but I might be missing out on something better. The only part I'm going to dread is possibly having to backup my files. Ugh.

7. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm eagerly awaiting the same and already reserved my copy of Windows 10. If you are not already aware of it, an icon appears in your system tray prompting you to reserve your copy and it will automatically update your windows 8/8.1 (or even 7) to the latest version on July 29th.

I want to get rid of metro interface and see added security and system stability. Better utilization of system resources and freedom from memory leaks.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I am in the process of purchasing a new computer I do not know if I will get the upgrade. I liked XP and still have it on one of the older computers. My daughter has Windows 8 and her computer just crashed and she is not able to re-boot it, the disc is available to use to re-boot the computer. It is a different process to get the computer to safe mode than windows 7 and it will not do anything other than ask for the disc.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm glad you brought this subject up because just a few minutes ago, Microsoft offered me a free installation of Windows 10 once it's out on July 29th. How cool is that? It doesn't matter to me what naysayers will say. I trust Microsoft enough to agree with the installation. I saw the features and I feel like this choice is going to be worth it. Windows 10 is definitely an upgraded version of Windows 8 but just a tad bit more simplified (I could be wrong, though). Anyway, I'm giving it a try. I'm still using Windows 7 so anything for a free upgrade.

10. FuelThePlane

FuelThePlaneNew Member

Threads:
    Considering my absolute disdain towards the experience Windows 8 provides I really don't see myself looking to actively upgrade right after the release. Realistically the release will be a huge mess if they're giving it to everyone for free. I don't really have the patience for the onslaught of release bugs that will surely accompany it; along with the thought that I might just hate the OS itself.

However, if someone just wants to try and persuade me towards Windows 10 I'll definitely listen.

11. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I still also use Windows 7. I honestly don't get how to use the new Windows, and I just don't like the way that it looks. I like Windows 7 and that is what I will stick to until I have to get a new laptop. In the next year or so when I do get a new laptop, then I will switch to a Mac. I really don't like the new updates that they are doing with the Windows, so I refuse to get the new updates that come out for it. I like the old versions better. I know that I won't be able to get that with a new laptop that's a PC, so I'm switching to a Mac after that.

12. regicide3342

regicide3342New Member

Threads:
    I will stay with the old windows version. Windows 8 screwed me up big time so unless they show some proof that the new operation system is good, Im not upgrading to it. Need some feedback from people before falling to the trap again.

13. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    My current PC is getting so slow I am frustrated on almost a daily basis, so yes, I am looking forward to Windows 10 and a FASTER PC. From the sounds of it, Windows 10 is much better than Windows 8. Since my current PC is almost 5 years old, I'll be skipping right over Windows 8. I am thinking about "buy American" and am looking at a place that does custom builds so I can get exactly what I want. But it is a little more pricey so that might hold me back.

14. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm apprehensive about upgrading to it, although I got that annoying icon on my computer now telling me that I am eligible for the upgrade. My computer is 3 years old and it wasn't exactly top of the line in terms of specs when I bought it so I am a little nervous that it might not be powerful enough to run it. The other issue is that I wiped out the partition on my hard drive which contained my OEM backup of Windows which came with my computer, so I had to download a copy of Windows from Digital River and use my OEM serial with it, which thankfully worked. However I'm concerned it might not validate if I upgrade to Windows 10.

15. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am happy with Windows7 right now. I don't have any need to upgrade until there is some kind of urgency. But so far, I am doing well. I don't really feel like upgrading just now, as it will mean change, and new ways to circumnavigate on my computer. It's something that I am not keen on in this moment.

16. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen some Windows 10 previews and i'm not going to lie, the new updates and features look promising. I'm really excited to try it out myself. I've already reserved my copy so when it's ready i can download it as soon as possible. I'm still using Windows 7 though and I'm really happy with this OS, i really hope Windows10 is a solid OS.

17. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I will be accepting the free Windows 10 upgrade. I do not think I will be running out to purchase a new laptop or desktop anytime in the near future. I think maybe waiting 6 months to a year for a new laptop or desktop sounds perfect. I am also excited about the new features that are going to be available on the Windows 10.

18. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This comment makes no sense and has no logic whatsoever. Microsoft has been testing Windows 10 with users for months now, and Preview users' input was considered throughout the process. Most users noted that the Preview was fairly stable, and the Preview itself was designed to avoid release day bugs and problems, which has worked quite well so far. Realistically, giving away the OS for free wouldn't make it a mess because there's no logic behind saying that.

19. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Same here , I am trying to get feedback as well to see if it is worth upgrading before I actually do it. I don't want to deal with any problems and I don't want to have problems with my computer afterwards. So although I am kind of excited about the upgrade I am also curious as to how it is gonna work.