Will you drive your car without insuring it?

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by Carlalexander • Aug 30, 2013.

1. Carlalexander

CarlalexanderMember

Threads:
    I have a friend of mine who drives his car around without insurance, I always try to explain to him the risks but well, him being himself, he wouldn't listen. Would you risk driving your car without auto insurance?

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    No, definitely not unless it was an absolute emergency or something...it just really isn't worth the risk in my mind, and what it could cost you should anything happen.

3. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Can't - it's illegal as the lost of insurance leads to the lost of one's license and you can't drive without a license. Also due to the lack of driving training of those just across the river... it don't make a lick of sense not to have some level of insurance.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I detest driving without insurance, but I have done it a couple of times, for a day or two, in a pinch. Like if I accidentally let my policy lapse because I didn't pay the monthly bill on time, my insurance has been cancelled.

During that time, I maybe drive a day or so, until I get my policy re-instated. I have had the same car insurance for about 7 years, and unfortunately I have let it lapse a couple times in that 7 years. I hate when that happens, but it does sometimes due to poor money management or money flow.

I feel like I have a magnet on my car that attracts police if my insurance is not paid. My guilt makes me feel like I might attract a ticket because I know that driving while uninsured is wrong.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I would never drive without insurance because I don't want to risk my freedom. A friend of mine was driving without a license for 2-years, he thought it was easy and he always said I should do the same as he wouldn't get caught. Eventually he did get caught, he was banned from driving for 5-years and he served a 2-month prison sentence.

6. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    No I would never drive a car that didn't have insurance. Where I live you lose your license for it and they can (and probably will) impound the car until you can provide proper insurance. That can get quite expensive! I don't break laws, but even if it was legal to drive without insurance I wouldn't do it. If you were in an accident without insurance, you could lose everything you have (including your house) to pay for the damage or lawsuit that could occur.

7. angie828

angie828New Member

Threads:
    No I would never drive my car without insurance. It is just way to risky. I do not want to get into an accident and then have no insurance because that means that I would have to pay out of pocket for everything. And if the accident was serious enough then it could really cost you big time if someone got injured and you had to pay for their medical bills.

8. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    So what has that cost you in terms of fees and such? Around here if you let your policy lapse then you lose your license immediately. So there is a fee and such in order to get the license restated. It's a very large fee - 200 bucks at a minimum. And that is why you must always pay your insurance on time or else suffer. Also if the cops catch you riding dirty you get a lovely trip to the jail house - it really doesn't pay to pull this down here.

9. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    No, I will never risk driving my car without insurance. That's far too risky, and the policemen in Jamaica are always around stopping unsuspecting drivers to do document checks; and, another thing, the Jamaican drivers are crazy when they are on the road. I will risk doing something like that.

10. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    That's illegal where I live. There's no way I would ever risk it. Even though I'm a good driver and haven't been pulled over in years, you never know when someone might rear-end you or something like that. Accidents happen all the time.

11. darelle4

darelle4Member

Threads:
    Driving without insurance is a very risky thing to do. It may not seem risky to the driver because he may think that he is a professional driver and nothing will go wrong but there are great consequences. If caught while driving without insurance it can appear that you are very immature and can land you into some serious trouble with the law.

12. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't suggest it, but I've done it. Sometimes, you just don't have a choice, so I did. It was a very prevalent thought in my mind while driving, so I took extra precaution, but I would say driving without insurance versus driving while intoxicated is the safer route, but so many people think they can after one or two drinks.

I don't drink, so I've never driven while under the influence. That's who worries me on the road, not uninsured drivers.

13. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, absolutely not. After seeing how the real life streets work, can't ever do something like that. Crazy people out there, i tell you!

14. davidexct

davidexctNew Member

Threads:
    I will drive without insuring my car or any other vehicle. The streets are very messy nowadays, and so I would never take chance to drive without an insurance unless it is an emergency or I have to complete a highly important work. Moreover it is illegal to drive a vehicle which is without an insurance and I would never like to pay a huge fine and go through severe punishments for not obeying the laws. We should always try to renew our insurance before it gets over.

15. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally would never risk that. I'm the type of person that literally over thinks everything and think of all possible bad things that could happen.

16. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If for example I live in the outback [I don't] and I have an old Chev I rev up each morning and drive around to see how my sheep [don't own any for the record] are doing, would I need to ensure such a vehicle? I wouldn't bother.

In most third world countries insurance companies just collect premiums but never reimburse the insured [either on time or ever at all] should they incur a loss, get involved in an accident and so on.. So most people who live there are not too enthusiastic about taking insurance covers, why? It's a waste of their money.

For me since I can't avoid it, I have to insure my car but if other options were open to me. . .

17. bonniea

bonnieaMember

Threads:
    I would never drive without insurance. Too big of a risk. Yet if you get hit by someone without insurance they generally are not going to pay for your repairs. You can sue them, but if they don't have insurance are you really going to be able to get money for repairs? That's why I carry uninsured motorists. That way if I get hit by someone who is not ensured, my repairs and/or injuries will be covered. It's unfortunate that we have to pay extra to cover for the irresponsibility of others. But I would rather be safe than sorry.

18. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I would not risk it because I could get into major trouble. If the police stopped me or if I had an accident what would I do? I hate insurances to be honest, but in this case I would not dare to drive without one, I prefer to pay the money, but to be legal and safe. ;)

19. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I most certaintly wouldn't drive my car around without insurance, like death, a an accident in the road can happen at any point, and so, having that in mind, I would want to make sure that my valuable asset that I have worked so hard for does not give me a return when the liklihood happens- you mostly find that people with older cars wilk tend to not have insurance or have an insurance policy that doesn't fully cover the loss of the vehicle, I bet you if they had a new car they'd be running after insurance. Lol