Will you raise a pet?

Discussion in Pets started by Aurora • Nov 1, 2014.

1. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    I did not like dogs when I was a kid or adolescent. The dogs I met were very active which keep running here and there. I was very frightened that they would bite me. I met gentle dogs recently and they are very cute. One approached to me and smile with me. I was carrying bread with me and it smelt the bag then went away. The other was standing near the store exit looking everybody coming out of the store. It is a white small dog. It is cute. I will not raise any pet but is fond of them very much

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have been raising pets for a long time. I raised chickens, hamsters, etc. Today, I have cats and dogs. Raising pets is very satisfying. One cannot replace the happiness and loyalty of animals.

3. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    If you do ever get a pet you should adopt an older pet. It is so hard to train a puppy. And they always tear up all your stuff. Puppies are so hard to train. Cats are the same way. You have to teach them either to go to the bathroom oitsioutside or in the litter box. It's a pain in the butt. I would adopt an older dog who has already been trained. Then you will have a best friend who knows better.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I've always liked animals. I've raised rabbits, birds, dogs, and I've had several fish tanks full of fish. Right now I have a couple of fish in a small tank. I'd like a small dog of some kind, in the not too distant future. Pets can get expensive, and you have to do research and make sure that you are taking care of them properly, something that I didn't do when I was younger.

5. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    Sure. Why not? I have already and would do so again. I have raised cats, dogs, rabbits, a monkey, and sheep. I think when you raise animals from a young age, they tend to be more loyal and there tends to be a greater bond than having an animal that is already an adult. I think that sometimes, it takes more to gain their trust and loyalty.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have this dilemma as well. I love pets and I always enjoy playing with my friends' pets whenever I visit but I'm apprehensive about having to take care of all heir needs especially the tasks that require me to get dirty. I think it's a huge responsibility and as much as I want one I just don't think I'll be up for the whole challenge.

7. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Of course. I've raised many pets in my lifetime and I currently have two puppies (They're both almost 10 months old.) I think I'll always have an animal. But if you don't like raising animals, I would suggest adopting an older pet from the shelter, they're over their puppy/kitten days and are always in need of a loving home.

8. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Pets are so much fun. But no, I will not raise any more pets. I'm a dog lover and have had the joyous pleasure of experiencing all the facets of raising a dog. From birth to death. From runaways to finding strays. Now I can have the joyous pleasure of seeing them from afar maybe an occasional pet if allowed or run like crazy if need be. Yes, there is a lot of responsibility with raising pets and no matter what you're responsibilities are they will always be loving you every time you enter their sight. The one thing that I've learned with a dog is that they do know who their master is.

9. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I love dogs and cats, and I would gladly have another one. They do take up a lot of time and money and patience. The best owners are the ones who devote a healthy amount of time to their pet. I think once I have money and a life set up I'll get another dog. Until then, no pets.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have raised pets ever since I was a kid, and until now, but I prefer to raise cats than dogs, because dogs are more high maintenance and are usually rowdy. Why not try raising a cat first and see if you will like it?

11. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Almost all my life, I told myself that I would never have a pet. I wasn't fond of them at all. But earlier this year I adopted a cat. Even I was surprised by my decision. Somehow, it felt like the right thing to do. This changed the way I look at animals. I used to pay little attention to them. But after having a cat as a pet, I started to appreciate them more.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like puppies and kittens so it's always a pleasure for me to get them when they're young and watch them grow. It's not hard raising a pet from its infancy. As long you know what to feed and how to do it, even if all it needs at that time is its mothers breast milk, the little puppy/kitten, etc will grow up pretty fast and before you know it, you'll have an adult dog or cat to keep you company. I've done that many times before and I still do.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If your lifestyle allows it, it can be rewarding, but if you travel a lot then it's not fair on the pet. I would love to have a pet again, but my lifestyle doesn't allow for it at present, but hopefully it will soon. I don't like people who use them to replace friends because they spoil them beyond belief, I would love and care for my pet, but not spoil them too much.